If one of our neighboring stars like Proxima Centauri went nova...

Old January 30th 05, 11:31 PM
Brian Tung

Nick Theodorakis wrote:
Do you mean like this one:

-----
"... As for all the gas giant planets, models suggest rocky cores of
maybe 15 Solar [!] masses, but there is no direct confirmation of
this."
-----

from: http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q2466.html

No, I don't mean that one. There are other, less ambiguous errors,
which I don't recall off the top of my head.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt
Old January 31st 05, 12:53 AM
canopus56

canopus56 wrote:

snip all

Jason -

Here's a supplemental article list on the massive solar flare scenario.
Some of these articles speculate on the effects on the Earth, if Sol
ever issued a massive solar fla

Schaefer, Bradley E. April 1997. Superflares on Solarlike Stars. Sky
and Telescope, 93(4):36 (1997)

Schaefer, Bradley E. Feb. 1989. Flashes from normal stars.
Astrophysical Journal, 337(1):927S-933S (1989)
NASA ADS link:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...pJ...337..927S

Rubenstein, Eric P.; Schaefer, Bradley E. Feb. 2000. Are Superflares on
Solar Analogues Caused by Extrasolar Planets? Astrophysical Journal,
529(2):1031-1033 (2000)
NASA ADS link:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...pJ...529.1031R

Schaefer, Bradley E.; King, Jeremy R.; Deliyannis, Constantine P. Feb.
2000. Superflares on Ordinary Solar-Type Stars. Astrophysical Journal,
529(2):1026-1030 (2000)
NASA ASD link:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...pJ...529.1026S

Schaefer, B. E.; King, J. R.; Deliyannis, C. P. Dec. 1998. Superflares
on Normal F8-G8 Main Sequence Stars (Abstract).
American Astronomical Society, 193rd AAS Meeting, #22.01; Bulletin of
the American Astronomical Society, Vol. 30, p.1282
NASA ADS link:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...AS...193.2201S
Peace - Canopus56