Transit: Astro pic of the day--awesome

Old June 10th 04, 07:36 PM
Mike Dworetsky

Default Transit: Astro pic of the day--awesome

Take a look at this awesome picture from the Swedish solar telescope on La
Palma.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~apod/apod/
--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)

Old June 10th 04, 08:33 PM
Jon

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:36:54 +0000, Mike Dworetsky wrote:

Take a look at this awesome picture from the Swedish solar telescope on La
Palma.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~apod/apod/

Very nice, but what is that dark rectangle all about?

--
Jon
jondotrogersatntlworlddotcom

Old June 10th 04, 09:45 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:33:21 GMT, Jon
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:36:54 +0000, Mike Dworetsky wrote:

Take a look at this awesome picture from the Swedish solar telescope on La
Palma.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~apod/apod/

Very nice, but what is that dark rectangle all about?

The atmospheric arc has been amplified (IIRC by a factor of 9) to
reveal it. These pros just aren't as adept as us amateurs at blending
such things into the background ;-)

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old June 11th 04, 10:43 AM
Robert Geake

Now that is one damn sexy picture!

Rob

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:36:54 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Dworetsky"
though we all should know:

Old June 11th 04, 11:12 AM
Paul Neave

More SST Venus pics he
http://vt-2004.solarphysics.kva.se/

Old June 11th 04, 11:37 AM
Maurice Gavin

wrote:

Take a look at this awesome picture from the Swedish solar telescope on La
Palma.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~apod/apod/
--
Mike Dworetsky

Nice technical shot Mike but the best human interest pic is surely

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?oneclick=true

Old June 11th 04, 11:44 AM
Pete Lawrence

wrote:

Take a look at this awesome picture from the Swedish solar telescope on La
Palma.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~apod/apod/
--
Mike Dworetsky

Nice technical shot Mike but the best human interest pic is surely

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?oneclick=true

That's a cracker isn't it. I knew I should have observed down by the
Selsey Lifeboat station!

Old June 11th 04, 06:31 PM
Chris.B

Pete Lawrence wrote in message . ..

That's a cracker isn't it? I knew I should have observed down by the
Selsey Lifeboat station!

Just as well you didn't! It left a few crumbs for we mere mortals. ;-)

Chris.B