OT Moving troops fast across the globe

Old August 6th 08, 01:12 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
bob haller safety advocate

Default OT Moving troops fast across the globe

We have troops all over the world, places lke japan, and germany. It
may be $$ aid to the country they are stationed in, but our economy is
crumbling under all the costs of having troops in safe calm places.

lets imagine pre deployeed / supplied hardened bases with skelton
crews for maintence and security.

Troops could be stationed in the US, provide domestic security like
border patrol, spend their money here helping our economy.

anyone have a good way to move thousands of troops almost instantly
anywhere in the world ????

I agree s korea needs US ground troops as a deterent, but in places
like japan who are we protecting
Old August 6th 08, 01:55 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
johnny@.

bob haller safety advocate wrote:
We have troops all over the world, places lke japan, and germany. It
may be $$ aid to the country they are stationed in, but our economy is
crumbling under all the costs of having troops in safe calm places.

lets imagine pre deployeed / supplied hardened bases with skelton
crews for maintence and security.

Troops could be stationed in the US, provide domestic security like
border patrol, spend their money here helping our economy.

anyone have a good way to move thousands of troops almost instantly
anywhere in the world ????

I agree s korea needs US ground troops as a deterent, but in places
like japan who are we protecting

Why should we have troops in South Korea? If South Korea can't defend
its self by now, it will never be able to.

Are we going to be in Iraq for the next fifty years because it can't
protect its self? It did a pretty good job of it before we invaded.

--
"Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English, they'll
learn English; you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish."

Barack Hussein Obama
Old August 6th 08, 08:40 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
tscottme[_2_]

We could just use the liberal's time machine. That's the time machine they
invoke whenever you ask them a difficult, real-world question and they
answer "well if I was in charge things would never have gotten to that point
because..."

Military spending is dwarfed by unconstitutional domestic spending.
--

Scott

What Barack Obama learned from the Communist Party http://tinyurl.com/5bgbpu
Democrats to America's drivers: "Let them ride bikes."
http://tinyurl.com/5z5vg7

Old August 6th 08, 03:15 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

johnny@. wrote in message
[...]

Note that Bob Haller should be killfiled. His paranoid ramblings aren't
worth reading.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old August 6th 08, 04:05 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
George[_4_]

"tscottme" wrote in message
We could just use the liberal's time machine. That's the time machine
they invoke whenever you ask them a difficult, real-world question and
they answer "well if I was in charge things would never have gotten to
that point because..."

Military spending is dwarfed by unconstitutional domestic spending.
--

Scott

Umm, unconstitutional domestic spending? Such as? You do realize that our
military spending is far more than that of all of the other countries of the
world COMBINED, right?

George

Old August 6th 08, 08:34 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
tscottme[_2_]

Unconstitutional domestic spending like ag subsidies, Dept of Ed, Dept of
Commerce, HUD, HHS, etc. Unlike liberals I don't crave the approval of
euroweenies so the fact that our small military budget dwarfs those that
rely on the US is of no consequence. Europe is proof that getting rid of
our military and appeasing the world won't protect us. The liberals will
always find a reason to hate America, no matter how hard they have to look,
and the enemies of Western Civilization will wage war until Western Civ
surrenders, regardless of whatever else we do.

Old August 7th 08, 05:59 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
George[_4_]

"tscottme" wrote in message
. ..
Unconstitutional domestic spending like ag subsidies, Dept of Ed, Dept of
Commerce, HUD, HHS, etc. Unlike liberals I don't crave the approval of
euroweenies so the fact that our small military budget dwarfs those that
rely on the US is of no consequence. Europe is proof that getting rid of
our military and appeasing the world won't protect us. The liberals will
always find a reason to hate America, no matter how hard they have to
look, and the enemies of Western Civilization will wage war until Western
Civ surrenders, regardless of whatever else we do.

--

Scott

You make a lot of assumptions, Scott, such as that liberals (ooh, there's
that conservative dirty word - it must cause you to wince) aren't part of
America, despite their having been there from the very beginning, and that
they hate America (a statement which, of course, could not be further from
the truth). As for the above mentioned spending, perhaps you should re-read
the Constitution, particularly the preamble:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defense, ***promote the general Welfare***, and secure the Blessings of
Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America."

Of course, you'd prefer the American people to be dumb and poor with no roof
over their heads and nothing to eat, and have no problem at all in spending
25% of our yearly treasure on killing machines instead of spending a
fraction of it for the betterment of mankind. And you think that makes you
appear intelligent. How sad.

George

Old August 7th 08, 10:19 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
tscottme[_2_]

Quick someone form a Dept of Breathing or we'll all suffocate. A true
marxist is one that believes if the government doesn't do it, it won't be
done. The founders understood "general welfare" not as an all-encompassing
goal, allowing any measure at any time but as a limit. The federal
government powers were limited to those powers in the document and which
promoted the "general" welfare of the nation, versus a specific welfare of a
faction or indivual. The majority of doemstic spending is not only
counterproductive but unconstitutional, military spending is the most
constitutional of all spending by the government. That's why the libs want
that spending reduced to make us weaker.

It's not a coincidence that as more tasks are handed over to the government
the people become more helpless and dependent. For liberals that's not a
bug it's a feature of their aspirations.

Our killing machines are all that stands between our lives and the millions
of people, within and without that want to kill us and take our stuff.
Whining about the imbalance between our puny military spending and their
almost invisible spending is as pointless as comparing the speding of my
local fire and police department with my personal spending on firetrucks and
police cars. The mere presence of an imbalance, no matter how vast the
gulf, says nothing about whether one side is speding far too little or the
other spending far too much. One way we can judge which end of the spectrum
is closer to correct is to look at the dependence both parties have on each
other. We can do far more things in far more places without the euroweenies
using our military than theirs can do without our military.

--

Scott

What Barack Obama learned from the Communist Party http://tinyurl.com/5bgbpu
Democrats to America's drivers: "Let them ride bikes."
http://tinyurl.com/5z5vg7
"George" wrote in message

. ..

Old August 7th 08, 12:03 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
bob haller safety advocate

I NEVER SAID GET RID OF THE MILITARY!

My point was make it more efficent

Currently its like having a fire department on every corner, sure your
protected but is it affordable?

Given the terrorism threat I think EVERY AMERICAN upon graduating high
school or at the time of drop out should do a mandatory year or two of
some sort of service, so every american is prepared or the day
terrorism strikes in their neighborhood.

In exchange conscripts would get a FREE college education or trade
school training. with reserve duty yearly till they are old.

unemployable people tend to get other sorts of jobs like selling dope
on the corner. it might slow that, at least a little

sadly the american economy once a powerhouse is crippled by
outsourcing everything, we cn no longer afford to be the worlds cop,
and wether thats good or bad doesnt matter, we no longer make enough
bucks.

but we can have a robust military ready for anything espically
domestic security by quick deploy.

heck we coulds one day rocket troops into the problem area in less
than a hour, once they are onboard the vehicle.

why make them live there?? or are military bases in foreign countries
just hidden welfare to those locations?

PLATES TECTONIC IS A FAST MOVING THEORIES INDEED [email protected] Astronomy Misc 6 June 11th 08 09:32 AM
Gravitation can be stirred up by a fast moving/rotating object [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 October 30th 06 02:28 AM
FMO (Fast Moving Object) in foreground of NGC891 core. [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 7 December 5th 05 11:54 AM
How fast is Earth moving? Johnny Solar 2 November 4th 04 11:53 AM
How fast is the Solarsystem/Milky Way moving? KlingvilleBill Amateur Astronomy 8 December 12th 03 04:52 AM