Space suits for spies-in-training found in Florida

Old June 8th 05, 08:54 AM
Raving Loonie

Default Space suits for spies-in-training found in Florida

ONE SUIT MARKED OO7...

The discovery sent space historians scrambling to identify the suits,
one of which bears the number 008 and the word "LAWYER" in capital
letters on the left sleeve. The other was simply and appropriately
numbered 007.

"Lawyer" turned out to be Lt. Col. Richard Lawyer, who was among the
first group of astronauts chosen by the Air Force to serve in its
Manned Orbiting Laboratory, or MOL. ...

see http://tinyurl.com/985gu for the full article.

Unbelievable.

RL

Old June 9th 05, 06:58 AM
Raving Loonie

Raving Loonie wrote:

ONE SUIT MARKED OO7...

The discovery sent space historians scrambling to identify the suits,
one of which bears the number 008 and the word "LAWYER" in capital
letters on the left sleeve. The other was simply and appropriately
numbered 007.

"Lawyer" turned out to be Lt. Col. Richard Lawyer, who was among the
first group of astronauts chosen by the Air Force to serve in its
Manned Orbiting Laboratory, or MOL. ...

see http://tinyurl.com/985gu for the full article.

Unbelievable.

RL

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not only because they are easy, but because
they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the
best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we
are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which
we intend to win, and the others, too.

~ J.F.K. ... or his speech writer (?)

see http://tinyurl.com/9zco5 for full text (?)