Oh no, not again

Old July 2nd 18, 06:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default Oh no, not again

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

On Monday, 2 July 2018 18:28:36 UTC+2, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:
His problem was that he was a trolling asshole who
embarrasSed and ****ed off people with very powerful friends.)

Construct a sentence as an example of irony.

Are you claiming you have powerful friends? Because honestly, I doubt
you have *friends*, and if you do, they're as big of losers as you
are.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old July 3rd 18, 07:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Monday, 2 July 2018 19:40:22 UTC+2, Davoud wrote:
Chris.B:
Doesn't the mere fact that UFO sightings are classified by most governments
make them far more serious...

And that's how it's done, folks. You lay down a false premise such as
"UFO sightings are classified by most governments" and non-critical,
non-questioning thinkers assimilate that falsehood as fact and you've
got em; they're fodder for your myth machine.

Some people are such cynics! Next you'll be saying the little green men in our wardrobe aren't repairing their escape pod to get back to their flying saucer up there in permanent orbit!

They say they only came here to clear up the artifacts left by an earlier exploratory mission. The Egyptian Gods had rained thunderbolts down upon them back then. So they panicked and up and left in their only remaining craft..

The return mission didn't go much better because they were using Nazi VW data for smog particles in the atmosphere to aid their braking and concealment. It turned into a complete **** storm and they've been in there, hammering away, for decades.

They won't let us sell the house because their Big Secret would soon get out and they'd be turned into yet more lab rats by the CIA. We can't last much longer before going into a retirement home. But their ray guns can really sting when they get cross with us! What do you think we should do?

Worried @ The White House
Old July 3rd 18, 08:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 12:26:16 AM UTC-6, Chris.B wrote:

Doesn't the mere fact that UFO sightings are classified by most governments make
them far more serious [and thereby interesting?]

When UFOs first began to be sighted, a layperson couldn't be expected to eliminate
the possibility that they were interstellar spacecraft immediately. If that's what
they were, obviously alien technology vastly in advance of our own would be of
immense value and concern - and possibly hostile intentions on the part of those
aliens would be as well.

So the fact that in 1948 and thereabouts the military was secretly amassing what
it knew about these possible alien visitors was only reasonable.

That doesn't, however, change the fact that decades down the road, with UFO
sightings not leading anywhere as reliably as ghost signtings or Bigfoot
sightings, it no longer makes sense to take them seriously.

Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan presented one of the most basic arguments. With
our advancing command of microelectronics, it is obvious to us that if aliens
advanced enough to travel between the stars came to Earth, but did not wish to
make contact, they would have the ability to conduct surveillance in a very
discreeet manner, far beyond our ability to notice.

John Savard
Old July 3rd 18, 08:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:23:22 AM UTC-6, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

They're about as credible as The Onion. About as fictional, too.

There is a free newspaper in Canada called the Metro, although this is a different
British one. I pointedly avoided posting other versions of this story from British
newspapers I knew to be tabloids, such as the Daily Express, the Mirror, and the
Sun.

So the Metro in Britain is also in that category?

John Savard
Old July 3rd 18, 08:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 1:35:07 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:23:22 AM UTC-6, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

They're about as credible as The Onion. About as fictional, too.

There is a free newspaper in Canada called the Metro, although this is a different
British one. I pointedly avoided posting other versions of this story from British
newspapers I knew to be tabloids, such as the Daily Express, the Mirror, and the
Sun.

So the Metro in Britain is also in that category?

It rurns out that it perhaps was the Daily Star and the Daily Mail I ignored:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ien-craft.html

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ting-2018-news

John Savard
Old July 3rd 18, 09:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 09:30:38 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
[...]

There have been visual/radar sightings of unknown flying objects going back at least to WW2. "Bogies" performed maneuvers and speeds on radar which completely eclipsed human flight capabilities.

Yet we still have no real idea what causes these "bogies?" Presumably they would have to be non-terrestrial in origin otherwise everybody would easily recognise what they were simultaneously seeing and sensing. If humans were incapable of such flights of fancy then who else is thereto put on the show?

A yellow school bus hovering over LA would demand instant recognition right down to its exact markings. Racist cops would be taking wild shots at "the person of green colour" in the driving seat.

The same would occur if a yellow school bus was flying overhead almost anywhere else in the world. Sharing [default shaky] video and images globally might actually bring the Internet to its knees. Yet this has never happened despite the vast array of constantly advancing, imaging technology now in a billion pockets. Not to mention near global coverage of defense sensing systems and supposed quick reaction forces.
Old July 3rd 18, 04:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Quadibloc wrote in
:

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:23:22 AM UTC-6, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

They're about as credible as The Onion. About as fictional,
too.

There is a free newspaper in Canada called the Metro, although
this is a different British one. I pointedly avoided posting
other versions of this story from British newspapers I knew to
be tabloids, such as the Daily Express, the Mirror, and the Sun.

So the Metro in Britain is also in that category?

Is there a news web site in Britian that isn't?

Old July 4th 18, 07:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 9:41:03 AM UTC-6, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

Is there a news web site in Britian that isn't?

True; the Times is paywalled.

John Savard
Old July 4th 18, 09:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Quadibloc wrote:
On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 9:41:03 AM UTC-6, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

Is there a news web site in Britian that isn't?

True; the Times is paywalled.

John Savard

The Times is owned by Murdoch.

For decent News sites there a The Independent, The Guardian, The
Financial Times, BBC News.

Old July 5th 18, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 2:23:01 PM UTC-6, Mike Collins wrote:

For decent News sites there a The Independent, The Guardian, The
Financial Times, BBC News.

I have seen the Independent, the Guardian, and BBC News at times.

John Savard