Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 8th 17, 09:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Temperature currently 50F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Not raining. Wind 11 mph out of the southeast. Nothing like yesterday during the windstorm that kept me home. Wind gusts were over 90 mph on the Oregon coast. That's almost category 2! At the Portland Airport they measured 56 mph! Not much rain though. Oddly they mowed our lawn in the morning when the high wind was already blowing. That was before some large limbs off the fir trees in the back yard fell on the lawn, plus a couple of sections of the fiberglass awnings they have over the second story decks! 262,000 customers were without electrical power! Some still are! My lights only blinked out once, then came right back on. MAX Train service west of Portland was shut down because of trees across the tracks! One person died because of the storm. Kim called me later from a pay phone to see if I were all right. I was glad to her that she was all right.

I made good use of my time at home getting my digital camera working, and then my printer working. But just after I uploaded the pictures to my computer, the on/off button broke on the camera, making it unusable! I think I may be able to fix it though. Otherwise I'm out of business!

They have just started playing loud mariachi music here at the library with girls in Mexican costumes dancing! Very annoying! If I were to start singing, or become that noisy in any manner, they would kick me out of here. I've seen it happen to other people here.

Double-A

Old April 9th 17, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny with scattered clouds here in Gresham. As of 2:00 PM PDT, it is 56F. Wind 11 mph out of the southeast.

Mars is appropriately in Aries. Uranus is in conjunction with the Sun in Pisces. Yes, my sky map screen saver is working!

Double-A

Old April 10th 17, 09:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Currently 51F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM PDT. Scattered morning showers. Wind out of the southwest at 16 mph. April is as unpredictable and tempestuous as a woman's moods!

I heard about the San Bernardino school shooting this morning! Isn't that in your neck of the woods, Bert?

Double-A

Old April 16th 17, 11:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Easter! Not many in the library today. I guess they must be out chasing
rabbits.

Now 61F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM PDT. High clouds blocking out the
sun. East wind at 18 mph. Dry for now, but more rain likely this evening.

I opened by sliding door blinds early this morning to see if I could get a
glimpse that the fabled Easter Bunny. But instead I saw the Easter morning
squirrel, staring up me with his big eyes, expecting me to give him
something! So I threw him a handful of the salted almonds that he so loves.
Later the cat came, and so I fed him. Then I threw out some seeds for the
birds. What a nice guy!

Boiled enough eggs to fill a big bowl! I remember too well those Easters
when I was deprived of even a singe egg.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Double-A
*********
Hagar celebrated Easter by attending services at St. Mattress of the
Springs. Later he enjoyed a meal with his sister Chlamydia which included
boiled possum, collard greens, assorted road kill pate and Moon Pies for
dessert.

Old April 27th 17, 10:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Light rain here in Gresham. As of 1:00 PM PDT, 52F. Wind west at 6 mph.

I am having to retype in my class reunion list, since CD burners finally
completely died, and removed my last hope of transferring the file between
comput3ers so I could email it out!

Had a fine lunch with Kim yesterday. She has been sleeping in a luxury
hotel room courtesy of a woman who just inherited a load of money! She got
a new phone to replace the one that got stolen, and I helped her get it up
and running. So we are back in communication again!

Double-A

********
It's 75 and sunny in Elk Grove. Hagar got a new phone. It has a dial.

Old April 28th 17, 12:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

82F here in Anaheim.Bright sun.Here is a kicker.Took a bad twisting fall Sat.Fire dept called.I'm all right no pain,but it got worse and now can only walk with a walker.Taking x-rays tomorrow.I triped over a 4 inch high black pipe So far 2017 has been a hazard. TreBert
Old April 28th 17, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:31:24 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

82F here in Anaheim.Bright sun.Here is a kicker.Took a bad twisting fall Sat.Fire dept called.I'm all right no pain,but it got worse and now can only walk with a walker.Taking x-rays tomorrow.I triped over a 4 inch high black pipe So far 2017 has been a hazard. TreBert

Sounds bad! Who's pipe? Who's responsible? Hope you didn't break your hip! I nearly did last winter when I slipped on the ice. My whole leg turned black and blue!

Partly sunny today. A relatively nice day for this spring. Now 55F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Wind 6 mph out of the NW.

Double-A
Old April 28th 17, 10:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

Took lots of x-rays this morning. hip down to knee .It feels like a sprain.Might have a fracture? Can not put any weight on right leg.Using a walker.Its easy getting it in the van. It happened right where I'm typing now.The Anaheim Senior Center. I will seek legal advice Monday.Speak to mayor Tait Its same weather as yesterday.We will not get rain again for 5 more months. Trebert
Old April 28th 17, 10:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:33:25 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

Took lots of x-rays this morning. hip down to knee .It feels like a sprain.Might have a fracture? Can not put any weight on right leg.Using a walker..Its easy getting it in the van. It happened right where I'm typing now.The Anaheim Senior Center. I will seek legal advice Monday.Speak to mayor Tait Its same weather as yesterday.We will not get rain again for 5 more months.. Trebert

Ah, a government building? Deep pockets!

I just finished re-entering my class list for the 50th reunion, and got it emailed out to the other committee members. So my big job for the day is over! Got it saved on a USB Flash Memory Stick!

I wish I didn't see rain for 5 months, but I'll be glad just to see the sun a few times in the next couple months!

Double-A

Old April 29th 17, 08:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another nice day here in Gresham, but rain returning later tonight. Currently a beautiful 61F as of 12:45 PM PDT. Wind west at 6 mph. Temp could get as high as 63!.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM