If only we had Two Suns

Old July 20th 18, 03:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default If only we had Two Suns

Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.
Old July 20th 18, 10:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

That's simple not true.

There would be less or no goldilocks zone. 2 suns would lead to
greater swings of temperature which is harder on life.
Old July 20th 18, 11:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:43:29 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

That's simple not true.

There would be less or no goldilocks zone. 2 suns would lead to
greater swings of temperature which is harder on life.

That is not what the scientists are saying. With two or three stars the

progression from warmer to cooler is more gradual so two or three stars is

better for life.
Old July 20th 18, 11:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 3:27:04 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:43:29 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

That's simple not true.

There would be less or no goldilocks zone. 2 suns would lead to
greater swings of temperature which is harder on life.

That is not what the scientists are saying. With two or three stars the

progression from warmer to cooler is more gradual so two or three stars is

better for life.

Binary star systems make for unstable planets!

https://arstechnica.com/science/2013...table-planets/

Double-A

Old July 21st 18, 12:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5:56:04 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 3:27:04 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:43:29 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

That's simple not true.

There would be less or no goldilocks zone. 2 suns would lead to
greater swings of temperature which is harder on life.

That is not what the scientists are saying. With two or three stars the

progression from warmer to cooler is more gradual so two or three stars is

better for life.

Binary star systems make for unstable planets!

https://arstechnica.com/science/2013...table-planets/

Double-A

I thought that too but astronomers are saying something different on the science channel on "How the Universe Works." I am glad you and Casagi have the courage to take a stand against the system.

Old July 21st 18, 12:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:15:09 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Too bad (or maybe it's a good thing) I can't get the science channel!

Double-A

Old July 21st 18, 06:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Double-A" wrote:
Had lentil with beef bouillon soup for lunch. For about
65 cents, I can get two meals out of it! -- Double-A

hanson wrote:
Abner, you are living there high on the hog @ 33c / meal.

Take instead 2 TbSp of dry lentils (3 cents), & 1 cube of
bouillon (3 cents), 2 cups of water; let it sit and warm it
up to taste and you have a meal for 6 cents, ... 5 x cheaper.

What's wrong with your brain, Abner, and your splurging,
notwithstanding your genetic handicap of being cursed
with your Alcohol Addiction.
Pity.

Furthermore, Abner, what's even more wrong with your
brain, is that you suck up to Swine
who was too cheap & chintzy to give you a single dime when
you cried that you, Abner "took beer cans to the recycle
center and cashed them in. I am still 10 cents short of getting
my daily beer for tonight... What should I, Abner do?"

Don't suck up to SwineBert, who laughs behind your back and
has open contempt for you, Abner, as is exemplified by
SwineBert who instead of giving you 10 cents, Cheap****
Glazier smeared loudly into your Face that SwineBert bought
himself a costly $$$$ HP laptop.

The only "satisfaction" you now have, Abner, is to know that
SwineBert ****ed himself, when Bert bragged that he had
conned the Sales-folks into giving him a very special deal....
----- They surly did -----.

They sold SwineBert a USED, refurbished computer, at the
price of a new one, while they were laughing their asses off
behind Loudmouth Glazier who was too stupid to notice that
he had ****ed himself... LOL

Old July 21st 18, 08:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
IAM

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:54:41 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

yep nibiru wing 2 brownie together.
Old July 21st 18, 08:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 2:25:57 AM UTC-5, IAM wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:54:41 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Some of our neighbors do and a few of them have three. When this happens it is a bigger goldilocks zone and there are more habitable planets.

yep nibiru wing 2 brownie together.

What? Could you run that by in proper English please?
Old July 21st 18, 08:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 12:48:00 AM UTC-5, hanson wrote:

Did you have something constructive to contribute to the class?

SUNS blacklight Policy 0 March 28th 07 06:17 AM
SUNS blacklight History 0 March 28th 07 06:15 AM
SUNS blacklight Astronomy Misc 0 March 28th 07 06:06 AM
SUNS blacklight Misc 0 March 28th 07 06:03 AM
SUNS blacklight Amateur Astronomy 0 March 28th 07 05:59 AM