Has Nasa broken Physics and developed an Engine that usesMicrowaves as Fuel

Old August 5th 14, 03:11 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Has Nasa broken Physics and developed an Engine that usesMicrowaves as Fuel

On Monday, August 4, 2014 6:47:17 PM UTC-7, NSA TORTURE TECHNOLOGY, NEWS and RESEARCH wrote:
"Test results indicate that the RF resonant cavity
thruster design, which is unique as an electric
propulsion device, is producing a force that is not
attributable to any classical electromagnetic
phenomenon and therefore is potentially
demonstrating an interaction with the quantum vacuum
virtual plasma. Future test plans include independent
verification and validation at other test facilities."

So they are claiming they don't think that microwave-energy photons carry momentum, and so the "quantum foam" must somehow be involved? Much less superheating "air" and ejecting it out of this cavity...

I wonder how much new age garbage they will produce to try and get more funding?

David A. Smith
Old August 5th 14, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 05/08/2014 10:11 AM, dlzc wrote:
So they are claiming they don't think that microwave-energy photons
carry momentum, and so the "quantum foam" must somehow be involved?
Much less superheating "air" and ejecting it out of this cavity...

I wonder how much new age garbage they will produce to try and get
more funding?

It would be interesting to see if NASA carried out these tests in air or
in a vacuum chamber? My assumption is that NASA would be one agency with
access to vacuum chambers, but I could be wrong.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 5th 14, 07:39 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:33:20 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 05/08/2014 10:11 AM, dlzc wrote:

So they are claiming they don't think that microwave-energy photons

carry momentum, and so the "quantum foam" must somehow be involved?

Much less superheating "air" and ejecting it out of this cavity...

I wonder how much new age garbage they will produce to try and get

more funding?

It would be interesting to see if NASA carried out these tests in air or

in a vacuum chamber? My assumption is that NASA would be one agency with

access to vacuum chambers, but I could be wrong.

Yousuf Khan

We've built them enormous vacuum chambers for testing all sorts of stuff.

However, no matters how much vacuum you'd care to achieve, there's still aether.

Old August 5th 14, 09:23 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:33:20 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 05/08/2014 10:11 AM, dlzc wrote:

So they are claiming they don't think that
microwave-energy photons carry momentum, and
so the "quantum foam" must somehow be involved?

Much less superheating "air" and ejecting it
out of this cavity...

I wonder how much new age garbage they will
produce to try and get more funding?

It would be interesting to see if NASA carried
out these tests in air or in a vacuum chamber?
My assumption is that NASA would be one agency
with access to vacuum chambers, but I could be
wrong.

Big ones in New Mexico, for sure. Can take the full output of LEM engines without allowing pressure to increase...

David A. Smith