Alien Review - Random Thoughts To Pere, Darla, and Nician

Old January 11th 04, 05:24 AM
Julian St.Cloud

Default Alien Review - Random Thoughts To Pere, Darla, and Nician

Oh to be ageless. To witness the evolution of species as it
unfolds before one's senses. To study the species as well as the
individual. To be able to travel to Saturn and stabilize a whole
planet and return to Earth in little more than a day. To possess
technology that would make one appear as a god to even the pessimistic
of the human species.
Whether it be the most sacred of truths or the most folly of
fallacy, that of whether we have extraterrestrial visitors to
alt.astronomy doesn't matter at all. This intercourse is rather
intriguing and is keeping the interests of even the most skeptical
piqued.
I have enjoyed the words of the good cop Darla, the bad cop
Pere, and the maturing one Nician. Such wonderful personalities that
would be a joy to know on a more personal level. Whether those
personalities be distinct and in separate extraterrestrial bodies, or
the imagination of a somewhat creative singular human being does not
matter to me. The exchange is fascinating.
Pere mentioned the enticement of some humans to become star
pilots because of their eyes. My, "vision" is not what it used to be
but I wouldn't mind taking a short jaunt around the solar neighborhood
in another's craft.
It is such a shame that the human life is not much more than a
vapor, to paraphrase from an old document. If humans could live long
enough as individuals to control the mind of the beast, to conquer the
hatred, the pettiness, the racism, the slothfullness, the negative
stresses, and etcetera what great things each one of them would
attain.
They have that brain of the beast and that wonderful,
evolving, cortex. But they aren't living long enough for each
individual to make great strides. The species is advancing due mostly
to the intellectual power of a few and the labor of many.
Pere, Darla, and Nician would you share with us your species
concept of love and the different ways it manifests itself? I do hope
that this is a level one question.
And finally, I would like to ask you a couple of things in a
more private way so as not to cause a war of the newsgroup, so to
speak. I welcome you to email me at my full name in all small letters
at comcast dot net. leave out the period after St in St.Cloud. I do
like to avoid the spam.

Tired,

Julian St.CLoud
Old January 12th 04, 08:52 PM
Darla

"Julian St.Cloud" wrote in message
It is such a shame that the human life is not much more than a
vapor, to paraphrase from an old document. If humans could live long
enough as individuals to control the mind of the beast, to conquer the
hatred, the pettiness, the racism, the slothfullness, the negative
stresses, and etcetera what great things each one of them would
attain.

Julian, Pere and I have been debating whether or not to post sort of a "next
step" in conquering the aging process.

It is a rather easy step that only involves only the human body, no pills,
injections, nothing like that.

This singular and easy process has the potential to more than double the
average human lifespan.

I would like to post it, but Pere is against it.

Pere believes that it is too much information too soon.

I would like your opinion on this matter.

One thing for you to consider is that no matter how much you Now like the
idea of not aging, it is normal for people to change their minds about this
after living for long periods.

This is a manifestation of the universal "death wish," and it is usually
just a matter of time before people begin to prefer dying rather than
"living forever."

If your species survives, you will find that it will be the young ones, the
ones least exposed to death, who will prefer to cease aging and continue to
live indefinitely.

For those who have lost loved ones, there is always the wish to "join them."

And eventually this comes about as an individual choice.

However, posterity benefits by enjoying the many advantages to living long
lives without aging.

Keep in mind that this next step that I am proposing merely slows the aging
process to a bit less than half its present rate.

Also consider that controlling the aging process does not mean that one
cannot die by accident or by act of violence.

These factors can be minimized, but never completely distilled.

You mention how your species has advanced mainly due to the intellectual
capacity of the few.

Imagine if your Albert Einstein could have stopped aging at thirty or so.

What would life be like today if such a person had lived this long and had
maintained a youthful mental intelligence?

Your point that even a non-genius can excel beyond an Albert Einstein if
enjoying an indefinite lifespan is also worthy of note.

Now, on the subject of Love: our concepts of love are similar to yours.

Love and hate are universal concepts and go hand-in-hand everywhere in the
galaxy.

For me personally, there is my greatest love, the love that I share with
Pere and our family.

Then there is my love for exploration, which I share with all my species and
with others as well, to include yours.

I have a dislike for imprecision, for it is this factor that most often
leads to accidental death.

And I have a hatred for violence, because in order to love, we must also
know hate.

If I must hate something, then I prefer to hate violence.

Your people will someday learn to hate hatred and violence just as we do.

My other "greatest love" is that for science, the search for Truth.

As always and for all beings everywhere, this gives life its highest and
best meaning.

I have emailed you as requested.

Enjoy your day!

Darla

Old January 12th 04, 09:28 PM
Darla

"Julian St.Cloud" wrote in message
It is such a shame that the human life is not much more than a
vapor, to paraphrase from an old document. If humans could live long
enough as individuals to control the mind of the beast, to conquer the
hatred, the pettiness, the racism, the slothfullness, the negative
stresses, and etcetera what great things each one of them would
attain.

Julian, Pere and I have been debating whether or not to post sort of a "next
step" in conquering the aging process.

It is a rather easy step that involves only the human body, no pills,

Old January 13th 04, 12:28 AM
C.Swartz

Darla ) wrote...

Julian, Pere and I have been debating whether or not to post sort of a "next
step" in conquering the aging process.

In an astronomy newsgroup? Why?

And why, Darla, would you give such information as "conquering the aging
process" when you would not even answer anyone's question on astronomy
matters? Many questions, you said, were of the higher levels of
knowledge and we are not to know such knowledge yet or some bs to that
effect. Yet, you are willing to give knowledge of the aging process!?

It's obvious that biology is your thing, not astronomy. You have shown
very little knowledge of astronomy.

-Chris
Old January 13th 04, 02:00 AM
Julian St.Cloud

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:28:49 GMT, "Darla" wrote:

I would like your opinion on this matter.

Many here in this little group would like to see evidence of a miracle
to have proof of your claims. Others would simply try what you say in
hopes of achieving longevity. Still others would not believe a word
you post. And even others would follow you as if you were a god . . .
if it works.
However, at this point all would lash out against you if you decide to
withhold this knowledge. No matter what the balance would come to be.

One thing for you to consider is that no matter how much you Now like the
idea of not aging, it is normal for people to change their minds about this
after living for long periods.

Ah, but to have the choice.

However, posterity benefits by enjoying the many advantages to living long
lives without aging.

As I mentioned in my email, humans have no voices of ancients
imploring them to seek reason and consider effect of knowledge gained.
They only build upon the knowledge of the previous generation. Oh, to
have the old ones here to assist in the tempering of knowledge and the
use of it.

Your point that even a non-genius can excel beyond an Albert Einstein if
enjoying an indefinite lifespan is also worthy of note.

Poor humans barely get out of adolescence when senility encroaches.

For me personally, there is my greatest love, the love that I share with
Pere and our family.

Amen

At least there is a knot at the end of this rope,

Julian St.Cloud
Old January 13th 04, 02:10 PM
Darla

"Julian St.Cloud" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:28:49 GMT, "Darla" wrote:

I would like your opinion on this matter.

Many here in this little group would like to see evidence of a miracle
to have proof of your claims. Others would simply try what you say in
hopes of achieving longevity. Still others would not believe a word
you post. And even others would follow you as if you were a god . . .
if it works.
However, at this point all would lash out against you if you decide to
withhold this knowledge. No matter what the balance would come to be.

Julian St.Cloud

Well, the point is moot.

Pere says no.

But I can give you a hint.

You may find irony in the fact that most humans probably already know how to
double their lifespans.

So why do you not do so?

Because even though you know HOW, you do not realize that what you know will
have such a dramatic effect.

Aging is a variable process.

By this I mean that, say, during the course of a given hour, you might age
very little, then in the next hour, you might age at a high rate.

So answer a question: what is it in your life that causes you to age the
quickest?

Is it stress?

Is it anger?

Did you get those gray hairs "from your children?"

Now, to the hint I promised: There are ratios involved, so you math haters
beware! G

sadness / happiness

anger / temperance

stress / relaxation

and for the biological study:

free radicals / endorphins

Each of these ratios is directly proportional to aging.

I cannot say much more, other than the tops of the ratios generally have
less effect than the bottoms, which have the most dramatic effect on aging.

It mostly boils down to Endorphins.

What do you know about them?

Very little as your science has but scratched the surface.

You are aware of the tip of the iceberg.

Learn everything you can about endorphins.

Then deeply study them and learn much more.

We are NOT talking about endorphin substitutes in any way, shape or form.

NATURAL endorphins that are manufactured by the body.

As a "next step," the study/usage of endorphins is by far the most critical
factor in slowing and controlling the aging process.

Too easy, drill sergeant, Too easy.

Darla

Old January 13th 04, 02:28 PM
Darla

"C.Swartz" wrote in message
Darla ) wrote...

Julian, Pere and I have been debating whether or not to post sort of a

"next
step" in conquering the aging process.

In an astronomy newsgroup? Why?

Well, Chris, of course you do not see the connection.

You will.

And why, Darla, would you give such information as "conquering the aging
process" when you would not even answer anyone's question on astronomy
matters? Many questions, you said, were of the higher levels of
knowledge and we are not to know such knowledge yet or some bs to that
effect. Yet, you are willing to give knowledge of the aging process!?

It's obvious that biology is your thing, not astronomy. You have shown
very little knowledge of astronomy.

-Chris

You are absolutely correct.

I Have shown very little knowledge of astronomy.

Forgive me.

Ask me an astronomy question if you like.

Be apprised that if your science of astronomy already knows the answer, then
I may tell you to "look it up."

I remain testy about being tested.

I have nothing to prove.

You on the other hand may still need to make the connection.

Aging process - astronomy **** astronomy - aging process.

Must be a connection Somewhere.

Yes, this IS Rocket Science.

Dig dig dig!