The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Old May 23rd 10, 04:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Pat Flannery

Default The Answer to the Ultimate Question

On 5/22/2010 3:01 PM, Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Yeah, that's what they say...but some of us know better, Mr. NASA
cheap laugh.
Buzz Aldrin is going to blow this whole thing wide open one of these
days. ;-)

Sing it brother. He'll blow it wide open right after hitting Rancho
Supremo's Burrito Special sale on the way to JSC.

He'd probably be down there endorsing their "Rocket Hero Pecos Platter".
Sign in front of the place: "Today! Free burro rides for the kids! also,
Buzz Aldrin."

Pat

Old May 24th 10, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
bob haller safety advocate

On May 23, 4:45�am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I am a fan of top posting, ...

Sucks to be you.

... but that is an accessability issue with no mouse
rather than the point of the thread in the first place.

The POINT is that your top posting renders the discussion impossible
to follow, as I've explained to you.

I wanted to know originally, wha �the link was to, as if it was to a picture
with no words spoken it was a complete waste of time for me to go there in
any case.

Again, sucks to be you. �Like everyone else, you pays your money and
you takes your chances. �It's not up to everyone else to change just
to accommodate you and top posting has been the sign of the clueless
on Usenet for just about as long as there's been a Usenet.

--
You are
What you do

Fred mc call is clueless to special needs situations. Which is kinda
wierd because he is a certified imbecile but too dumb to even
understand what that means
Old May 24th 10, 01:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Alain Fournier[_2_]

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

No, NOT 42.

This is far more important!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wwzwvfsC0

I spent a little more than two weeks in Japan. For a North American
there is some learning to do before using the potty over there. There
are two types of toilets, squat toilets, for which most of us here
have little experience. And then there are toilets which are shaped
more or less like North American toilets. All the ones I saw had a
keyboard on the side; make sure you know what you are doing before
pressing keys on the keyboard. If you don't you could be in for a
surprise. And the configuration of the keyboard on one toilet is
not necessarily the same as on the next, in fact most likely not
the same, they seem to have a large team of designers for those
things.

Alain Fournier
Old May 24th 10, 02:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_1014_]

Alain Fournier wrote:
Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

No, NOT 42.

This is far more important!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wwzwvfsC0

I spent a little more than two weeks in Japan. For a North American
there is some learning to do before using the potty over there. There
are two types of toilets, squat toilets, for which most of us here
have little experience. And then there are toilets which are shaped
more or less like North American toilets. All the ones I saw had a
keyboard on the side; make sure you know what you are doing before
pressing keys on the keyboard. If you don't you could be in for a
surprise. And the configuration of the keyboard on one toilet is
not necessarily the same as on the next, in fact most likely not
the same, they seem to have a large team of designers for those
things.

Japanese toilet design seems to be a world on to its own.

Alain Fournier

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old May 24th 10, 08:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Pat Flannery

On 5/23/2010 4:30 PM, Alain Fournier wrote:

I spent a little more than two weeks in Japan. For a North American
there is some learning to do before using the potty over there. There
are two types of toilets, squat toilets, for which most of us here
have little experience. And then there are toilets which are shaped
more or less like North American toilets. All the ones I saw had a
keyboard on the side; make sure you know what you are doing before
pressing keys on the keyboard. If you don't you could be in for a
surprise. And the configuration of the keyboard on one toilet is
not necessarily the same as on the next, in fact most likely not
the same, they seem to have a large team of designers for those
things.

Okay, urine is electrically conductive...and now we've put electrical
things on the toilet. :-D
Another little problem they have recently run into is with their
electrically heated toilet seats - they are a great luxury on cold
winter mornings, but people aren't the only things that like the warmth:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...25/2752536.htm
"G'day, mate." says the friendly little Redback Spider...then he nips
the Nip on the bum.

Pat
Old May 24th 10, 08:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Pat Flannery

On 5/23/2010 5:21 PM, Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Japanese toilet design seems to be a world on to its own.

And now, the Japanese wearable space toilet:
http://pinktentacle.com/2009/01/next...in-five-years/

Pat
Old May 26th 10, 04:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
William Mook[_2_]

The next gen space toilet is a step toward the ultimate long-duration
spacesuit. MEMs based machinery built into fabrics make the
possibility of a long-duration space suit possible, which has built in
equipment to process all wastes and provide cleansers and emollients
on demand. The suits are basically latex like and provide counter
pressure without air

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit

and equipped with a variety of MEMS based perstaltic pumps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peristaltic_pump

on a really tiny scale

http://mems.sandia.gov/gallery/image...smissions.html

create fabrics that absorb what we don't want, exude what we do want -
and we are clean and fresh no matter how long we wear the suit.

The suits are literally a second skin.
Old May 26th 10, 07:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brett Randall

Flashbacks of Dune...

B.
Old May 26th 10, 11:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_1023_]

Brett Randall wrote:
Flashbacks of Dune...

More like flashbacks of acid.