Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

Old February 24th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

Good question. Finally someone asks a question. I think the changing
orbits has nothing to do with the energy that they are losing to the
Sun.

Old February 24th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On 24 Feb 2006 11:55:29 -0800, "granite stone"
wrote:

you got me thinking. the movement of jupiter and the rotation of the
sun most likely equal the energy of the heat of the sun.

also, the energy to move all the planets is greater than anything in
our solar system. the movement of the planets today is far greater
than the energy of the sun.

It takes no energy to move the planets. Because they are moving, they
possess kinetic energy, which can be transferred to other objects
(indeed, many space probes increase their own energy by stealing energy
from planets during flybys). When a planet gives up some of its orbital
energy, it necessarily drops into a different orbit.

It is not difficult to calculate what would happen to Jupiter's orbit if
it were powering the Sun.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old February 24th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

if the planets have kinetic energy what energy does the moon have with
reference to earth, and the 4 ocean tides each day.

Old February 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In article .com,
granite stone wrote:
Good question. Finally someone asks a question. I think the changing
orbits has nothing to do with the energy that they are losing to the
Sun.

You miss the point. If they are losing energy to the sun as you claim,
their orbits must be changing to match. Are they?

-- Richard

Old February 24th 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In article .com,
granite stone wrote:
if the planets have kinetic energy what energy does the moon have with
reference to earth, and the 4 ocean tides each day.

Because the earth rotates on its axis faster than the moon orbits the
earth, the moon is gaining kinetic energy from the earth because of
tidal drag, and the earth is losing it. Eventually (ignoring other
events) the moon's orbit will match the earth's rotation, and the moon
will be fixed in the sky from the viewpoint of the earth, just as the
earth is fixed in the sky from the viewpoint of the moon.

-- Richard
Old February 24th 06, 10:40 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

In article .com,
says...
****off go to hell.

You really are a sad pathetic nutter.
--
Craig Oldfield
Old February 24th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

i am saying the planets and orbits are not kinetic energy. the orbit
of the moon around
earth gives us huge tital forces everyday, two high and two low tides.
that is not kinetic energy.

i am going to be famous.

Old February 24th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

oh I see. Excuse me. Your first question was not explained properly.
If the orbits/planets do not have
kinetic energy and give energy to other orbits/planets forces, yes the
orbits would over time get smaller.

Good question. I am so glad I posted here except the few.

I am going to be famous.

Old February 24th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

i would argue that the planets/obits are not in kinetic state and are
giving forces to other

planets/orbits. the tidal force on earth due to the orbit of the moon
is the same as the force of Jupiter on the sun.

i am going to be famous.

Old February 24th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

yes the planets/obits are not in kinetic state and are losing energy,
thus the orbits would get smaller over time.