Comets With,and Without Tails

Old July 12th 05, 08:46 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Comets With,and Without Tails

Easy theory based on observation,and measurements. First not all comets
have tails. All comets that reach speeds of over 70,000 miles per
hour and in the inner planets of the solar system have tails The image
of Hale-Bopp comes to mind as being very bright,and with a tail
92,000,000 miles long. It was not the Sun rays reflecting off
icy molecules of water. It was the fact that its great speed going
through the Sun's solar wind made up of charged particles that was the
material,and energy to create those long beautiful bright tails. This
thinking tells me comets not racing towards the Sun have no tails. If
it was its gases making 100 million mile tails,and reflecting Sun light
the poor comets would melt away very fast. The Solar wind will last
another 5 billion years,and so will comets Bert

Old July 13th 05, 01:32 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Easy theory based on observation,and measurements. First not all comets
have tails. All comets that reach speeds of over 70,000 miles per
hour and in the inner planets of the solar system have tails The image
of Hale-Bopp comes to mind as being very bright,and with a tail
92,000,000 miles long. It was not the Sun rays reflecting off
icy molecules of water. It was the fact that its great speed going
through the Sun's solar wind made up of charged particles that was the
material,and energy to create those long beautiful bright tails. This
thinking tells me comets not racing towards the Sun have no tails. If
it was its gases making 100 million mile tails,and reflecting Sun light
the poor comets would melt away very fast. The Solar wind will last
another 5 billion years,and so will comets Bert

But Bert, if it is the comet racing through the solar wind that causes
its tail, then why is it that a comet's tail always points away from
the Sun, no matter which direction the comet is going? Comets racing
away from the Sun are observed to have tails as well. Their tails run
ahead of them in the direction they are going! Also, sometimes comets
have two tails. It is the solar wind sweeping away the gases that are
evaporating from the comet that makes the tail. That is why comets
have tails only when they are close enough to the sun to be heated by
it. When some of the gas particles become charged, they can separate
into a second tail.

Double-A

Old July 13th 05, 02:59 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A Excellent question,and let me turn it back on you. If the
tail is made from molecules of gases trailing behind the comets head how
does the tail get in front of the head when racing away from the Sun?
Let you answer that first,and after you answer it I'll show how the
charged particles that make up the solar wind can do it. I like
putting pressure on ya. Bert

Old July 14th 05, 12:01 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Double-A Excellent question,and let me turn it back on you. If the
tail is made from molecules of gases trailing behind the comets head how
does the tail get in front of the head when racing away from the Sun?
Let you answer that first,and after you answer it I'll show how the
charged particles that make up the solar wind can do it. I like
putting pressure on ya. Bert

The solar wind sweeps away the gasses being emitted by the comet's head
and carries it away from the Sun. But the tail is not a wake in the
solar wind, it is the gasses from the comet being carried away by the
solar wind.

Double-A

Old July 14th 05, 06:33 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A Yes the classical theory is the comet gives off gases
because the Sun's heat heats up the dirty snow ball. This is wrong. This
is bad thinking. Temple-1 will prove it is not a dirty snow ball.
Temple-1 has a tail and gives off little gas. The theory you are quoting
could never make in reality a 100,000,000 mile comet tail from a object
with a diameter of only say 10 miles. Solar wind has great electrical
power created by trillions,and trillions of charged particles that are
moving at over 2 million miles an hour. They stream past this this
object as it comes in one side of the Sun and we view this tail as in
back of the head. It comes around the other side,and we view it as the
tail being in front of the head(like the head is now trying to catch its
tail.) Nothing has changed the solar wind is still blowing in
front(always in front) It is not all that tricky. No comet
gases to make the tail. The great solar wind makes asteroids that move
in great elliptical orbits have solar wind tails,and we call them
comets. One look at Temple-1 is all I needed to bring this
thought that I had for so many years to light Beert

Old July 16th 05, 12:44 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Best to keep in mind The solar wind as it b;lows by Earth with its
charged particles lights up the earth's magnetic field as this field
comes out of the south pole to complete its circuit,and flow back to
Earth via the north pole. It is so beautiful that Twitty should compose
a poem. I'll give her the title 'The Solar Winds' I can even visualize
an Eskimo siting in his kayak,and poised with his spear to kill a seal
in the blackness of the north pole winter,but has the dancing light of
the whole sky.and his family will not go hungry this night thanks to the
solar wind. Bert