Source for UBVRI filters?

Old November 3rd 04, 06:36 PM
justbeats

Default Source for UBVRI filters?

I've been looking for a good quality set of Bessel filters for
photometry and accurate colour imaging. I want the full UBVRI set as
my CCD (SXV-H9) has a reasonable QE across this range. I know I'm
being optimistic with the U end, but I'd like to try it out anyway.

I found a UK supplier offering a 32mm set for £360 (~$600) but they're
held in plain aluminium rings – no threads!! The supplier will
customise but this adds to the cost so I'm still looking for
solutions.

I want to fit these into a True Tech filter wheel with a five hole
carrier that takes the usual threaded filters (e.g. Astronomics O-III
or H-II). Can a "threadless" filter be fitted to this with adapters or
holders of some kind? If so, where can I get them (a UK source is
preferred but not essential)?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend any source of good quality UBVRI
filters that are "ready-threaded" and around the same price or less?
Past advice in the archives is getting a bit dated and it's a tough
search on Google…

Thanks
Beats

Filter Question Doink Amateur Astronomy 7 October 29th 03 03:13 PM
GravityShieldingUpdates1.1 Stan Byers Astronomy Misc 2 August 1st 03 03:02 PM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Astronomy Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
What can be expected with solar filters? Rune Allnor Amateur Astronomy 4 July 17th 03 02:48 PM