nuclear thermal propulsion

Old January 24th 13, 12:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default nuclear thermal propulsion

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

says...

I do have to wonder how easily the carbon-fiber composite burns compared
an aluminum skin.

Do you know or have an idea?

No idea.

I'm still not clear on what the batteries are used for as the initial
press reports on this issue weren't very clear. To be fair, I don't
follow the "aero" part of "aerospace" as closely as I follow the
"space" part, even though my degree encompasses both.

Well, I'm just an amateur in all this.

Me too. I've been writing engineering software since graduating with my
Aerospace Engineering degree in '92. So I don't design aircraft or
spacecraft, I write the software that allows others to better design
them.

That's still far more professional than I. :-)

Jeff