Saturn moon could be hospitable to life

Old February 24th 10, 05:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default Saturn moon could be hospitable to life

Saturn moon could be hospitable to life
Cassini spacecraft sees evidence for liquid water beneath the surface of
Saturn’s moon Enceladus.
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...itable_to_life

Old February 24th 10, 06:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 2/23/10 11:54 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:

Saturn moon could be hospitable to life
Cassini spacecraft sees evidence for liquid water beneath the surface of
Saturn’s moon Enceladus.
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...itable_to_life

Versailles, Saturn Style
The Cassini spacecraft has captured a veritable array of fountains
spraying ice crystals and water above Enceladus's southern pole

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...tyle.html?etoc

Old February 24th 10, 05:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Feb 24, 7:16*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 2/23/10 11:54 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:

Saturn moon could be hospitable to life
Cassini spacecraft sees evidence for liquid water beneath the surface of
Saturn’s moon Enchiladas.
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...Saturn_moon_co...

Versailles, Saturn Style
The Cassini spacecraft has captured a veritable array of fountains
spraying ice crystals and water above Enceladus's southern pole

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...s-saturn-style...

One can't help thinking that it would have been more like Versailles
if they had inverted the image.

Perhaps I'm just being too picky?

Google spelling checker suggested you should change Enceladus to
Enchiladas.

So much (computing) power. So little understanding.
Old February 24th 10, 08:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_4_]

Sam Wormley wrote in
:

Saturn moon could be hospitable to life
Cassini spacecraft sees evidence for liquid water beneath the surface
of Saturn’s moon Enceladus.
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...turn_moon_coul
d_be_hospitable_to_life

And if American had this, they could go there and see. Instead, America
will shortly go hat in hand to the Russkies or Chinese commies to launch
anything into basic Earth orbit now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project..._propulsion%29

Old February 24th 10, 09:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Sam Wormley wrote:

Saturn moon could be hospitable to life
Cassini spacecraft sees evidence for liquid water beneath the surface of
Saturn’s moon Enceladus.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...moon_could_be_
hospitable_to_life

And then, Mr. Wormley added:

Versailles, Saturn Style
The Cassini spacecraft has captured a veritable array of fountains
spraying ice crystals and water above Enceladus's southern pole

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...tyle.html?etoc

I'm sorry, but "fountains spraying ice crystals" does not qualify under
my admittedly narrow definition of "hospitable to life."

Under my definition the orb is allowed ice caps and red states and all
that nasty stuff so long as the orb is sufficiently large to keep said
ice caps, red states, and other undesirable stuff some thousands of
kilometres from where I stay; but it also needs must have tropical
beaches with fountains of gin and tonic, and silent, polite waiters to
deliver the aforementioned G&T to my beach chair.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old February 24th 10, 09:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Davoud wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

[...]

When you dive/dig deep enough, at least part of those tropical
requirements can be met......
Old February 24th 10, 11:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
6EQUJ5[_4_]

They should do a return mission after flying through these geysers and see
what is in da water !

Old February 25th 10, 02:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

6EQUJ5 wrote:

They should do a return mission after flying through these geysers and see
what is in da water !

Wouldn't a spectroscopic analysis be cheaper? And less subject to
contamination?

Old February 25th 10, 04:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
6EQUJ5[_4_]

I'm talking about organics and dare I say...the undeniable signature of
organisms or real ones?

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything
that

Old February 25th 10, 04:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:25:44 -0500, Davoud wrote:

I'm sorry, but "fountains spraying ice crystals" does not qualify under
my admittedly narrow definition of "hospitable to life."

I don't know. Based on some of the images you've posted recently of
conditions around your zerbatory, someplace where fountains spray ice
crystals sounds positively balmy...

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Moon Eclipses Saturn in Leo Double-A[_1_] Misc 0 May 23rd 07 07:20 AM
War in Iraq -- Moon on the Moon Hoax -- Proof of Life After Death -- Man as Old as Coal -- Catholic Gospels Corrupt -- Extraterrestrials, UFOs Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 September 15th 06 01:40 AM
Saturn Moon? Spurs Dave UK Astronomy 7 May 2nd 06 10:47 PM
Saturn Moon? Spurs Dave UK Astronomy 1 May 2nd 06 04:12 AM
Moon & Saturn Sandro N CCD Imaging 0 January 18th 04 10:53 PM