Venus is alive and kicking our NASA's butt

Old September 12th 06, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Venus is alive and kicking our NASA's butt

"BluntForceTraumaT"
wrote in message

: That's right. Turning Braddie-boy into a useful human being is not
on-topic.
: Neither is introducing him to the female of the species.
:
: So far now Brad will dream about going to Mars with his ****** engine,
Wank
: 'N Go (patent pending). That's one small spurt for mankind, one big
gob of
: goo for Brad.

Wow! am I impressed once again, or what, with all of your spurt and goo
expertise.

BTW; I'd never dream of going to Mars. Where on Earth did you ever get
the pathetic idea of Mars?
-
Brad Guth

Old September 12th 06, 02:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

"captain." wrote in message
newsFbNg.2627$KA6.1414@clgrps12

it's really quite flattering that you think i am such a puppetmaster mister
guth.

In that case, perhaps you're just another puppet. Prove otherwise by
way of impressing us with some of your vast expertise that's in any way
related to this topic. Or, is that asking too much?

Can you accomplish a digital image enlargement without making an
absolute mess of such things?
-
Brad Guth

Old September 12th 06, 02:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

"captain." wrote in message

then there's always the heaven's gate cult. i guess mr.guth came along a
little too late for that one

So you're actually one of them (aka MI/NSA~NASA
MIB/spook/mole/goon/rusemaster).
-
Brad Guth

Old September 12th 06, 03:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Frank Glover[_1_]

wrote:

Frank Glover wrote:

wrote:

captain. wrote:

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:ef1e6bcc620f386c664f803c5a55fcba.49644@my gate.mailgate.org...

"captain." wrote in message

hmmm, i'm impressed that you knew that twink. good work!

How absolutely silly

does absolute silliness have a numerical value?

of yourself, and proof-positive of what rusemasters

you folks actually are.

well yes, the twinker and myself are behind the plot to convince the public
that the moon is migrating outwards with each passing year. we almost had
you all fooled.

Before we blindly leap ourselves onto our moon (for the first time),
perhaps we should think again. You folks have got to be absolutely
kidding about utilizing the physically dark surface of our extremely
dusty and highly reactive moon, especially for much of anything that's
on behalf of optical astronomy.

aren't you the guy who thinks there should be a colony on venus? now that's
crazy!

Why is it cracy? There are only a limited amount of living space on
this planet Earth. At the rate earth's population is growing, we
should set our sight into Venus or Mars. Our scientists today should
be studying these planets to see how we can make it liveable for human
beings.

Who's lining up?

There are people who are willing to live on Mars even as is it. Many
more would likely be interested, if it could be quilckly terraformed
into something passably Earthlike.

Is that subset of people, though large, a signifigant fraction of
Earth's population? No.

No matter how bad things might be here, most humans don't want to
emigrate. Will you force them? Which ones, and how? And even if they did...

How did we populate the Americas and Australia? How about, first, we
empty our prisons and ship them to the new planet, then the
undesireables, the gangs, and people wanted advantures, by then people
will be screaming to go once they see the blue skies and green/blue
oceans, plenty of wild animals, plains of wild grains, and wide open
spaces.

How many Australians *today* are native born, vs. immigrants?

Or North Americans?

Neither one is a signifigant population sink for Europe, anymore. Do
you not expect this pattern to be repeated elsewhere?

What would they ride?

Given time, scientists will come up with a mode of transportation to
travel to another planet.

We're waiting. We don't need depopulating Earth as a reason to want
that. But doing it in sufficent numbers (and the longer it takes to get
it, even with the same population growth rate, you'd have that many more
people to remove) is still asking a GREAT deal.

Even if you could make travel to Mars as cheap as intercontinental
air travel is today, and had the same number of spaceships, with the
same capacity, as all existing wide-bodied jets, can you even remove
people *fast enough* to keep up with population growth?

The answer is a definite yes, yes, and yes. And nations like China
would not need family planning of one child per family.

Still the issue of whom gets shipped out, and how. I doubt the
necessary number of Chinese would be willing.

Human beings
can produce as much as they want. If we can make one planet liveable,
why not other planets? The possibility is limitless.

There's currently no Star Trek 'Genesis Device.' The speed at which
a planet can be terraformed is *not* limitless, and not all worlds are
useful candidates. (In *this* solar system, it's pretty much Mars and/or
Venus [and even Venus is very iffy]. Getting to other solar systems to
do this, only increases your problems by several orders of magnitude.)

(and will they
continue to breed after arrival?)

Of course, the more the merrier. Like I said, if we can make one
planet good enough to live, why not others? Why not other
constallations, also? other universes, also?

Then again, why? But anyway...

See above. Not all planets could be candidates. I'm sure it's
possible to live on Pluto, for example, and even with a fairly large
number of people...but it'll never be a terraformed world, no.

Though there's another set of people who think large O'Neil-type
habitats are better than planetary surfaces, anyway. But I'm not going
to debate that. There's literally room for both, and 'gravity well'
arguments don't worry me. If we can get in and out of *this* one in a
practical manner, we can handle that of any other world in this system
that has conditions even remotely acceptable to humans.

I don't have numbers, but I seriously doubt it. (and there's still
that willingness issue, and I'm completely ignoring the questions of
what to do with them on arrival, or if it's ethical to terraform Mars if
there's native life)

Was it ethical when the white men arrived to the Americas and
transformed the Americas to their way of life?

(shrug) I'm not a Native American Indian. You might ask one of them.

But I *could* speak to the matter of a certain class of imported,
unpaid labor, and the ethics therein...

Fortunately, that analog doesn't seem to exist in this solar system.

But even on Earth, there are sometimes serious problems when certain
plants and/or animals are imported to new environments where their
predators or other natural controls don't exist.

Do you want to overrun the first world we may find to have
indigenous life, with imported bugs?

(On the other hand, if it's truly a dead word, then I don't care if
you turn it into Disney World.)

If you don't transform
them, they may one day transform the earth to their way of life. Would
you like that?

Or it may not.

If you refer to the possibility of malevolent sentients, that risk
exists, wether we colonize space or not.

But any life that may be on Mars is likely to be simple microbial
stuff. Which doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful with it for the above
reasons (sooner or later, there *will* be a sample return mission),
again wether we colonize Mars or not.

There may be a great many reasons for space colonization and
terraforming, but population relief's the least likely or practical one.

I disagree with you. I say it's the most likely reason for
colonization to another planet, expanding population growth, and
requirement of land to grow food.

Colonization is one thing. I'm all for spreading humans out such
that we cannot be extinguished by any single-world (and eventually,
single solar system )catastrophy. But...

Filling every accessable world in the Universe with the maximum
possible number of humans, just because we can, is not my idea of a
positive goal.

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"Man who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt man doing it."
- Chinese Proverb
Old September 12th 06, 08:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
captain.

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:d518a3cb0d114de47683faf05b37bacc.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
"captain." wrote in message
newsFbNg.2627$KA6.1414@clgrps12

it's really quite flattering that you think i am such a puppetmaster
mister
guth.

In that case, perhaps you're just another puppet. Prove otherwise by
way of impressing us with some of your vast expertise that's in any way
related to this topic. Or, is that asking too much?

yeah, that's asking too much. besides, this thread doesn't really have a
topic. does it?

Can you accomplish a digital image enlargement without making an
absolute mess of such things?
-
Brad Guth

well that would depend on what sort of image you would be wanting. but most
likely, yeah, provided i was allowed enough time.

Old September 12th 06, 08:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
captain.

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:bb0a1732663b95e326f39acc8e2c2e24.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
"captain." wrote in message

welp in the case of venus... all i can say is "good luck". maybe brad
guth
can come up with a tinfoil theory about how it could be possible. or
perhaps
he has already. i'm going to have to pull a few strings and get it
squashed
if he has. i am , after all.......... THE RUSEMASTER!!!

Actually your "tinfoil" might take the heat. However, a rather fifty
local composite of basalt and of fused silica as a binder might have to
make do at a wussy 4.84 GPa that's worth R-1024/m.

Otherwise, with such unlimited and 100% renewable local energy, where's
the big-ass insurmountable problem of CO2--co/o2 and of nifty
refrigeration via compressed CO2?
-
Brad Guth

ahhhh, so i see you so have a theory, as i predicted. *chuckles as he flips
the switches, shuffles the cards, and pulls the strings*

Old September 12th 06, 08:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
captain.

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:990c162369e5497dc24ad92044f026a0.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
"captain." wrote in message

then there's always the heaven's gate cult. i guess mr.guth came along a
little too late for that one

So you're actually one of them (aka MI/NSA~NASA
MIB/spook/mole/goon/rusemaster).
-
Brad Guth

nah, just rusemaster. i tried my hand out for a while with goon but i just
wasn't tough or stupid enough to pull it off.

Old September 12th 06, 08:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
captain.

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:e6c4ea9f424af8e839a5aaa7fdf33b1e.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
Why exactly are either of you Third Reich collaborating minions even
here?

Is this the very best that such brown-nosed MIB rusemasters can
accomplish?

Am I and of otherwise the banishing of whatever's the truth actually
worth that much of a Jewish effort?
-
Brad Guth

you're starting to become a little incoherent there big guy.

sorry about that.

Brown-nosed is being a personal butt-wipe on behalf of whatever the
mainstream status quo has in their perverted mindset to accomplish.

MIB = men in black (aka MI/NSA~NASA spooks, moles and goons)

minion = butt sucking lacky and/or infomercial junky

Third Reich = Third Reich

Usenet is most extensively a Jewish perverted cesspool of a
disinformation infomercial sort of thing, especially if it has anything
to do with whatever honestly matters, or on behalf of keeping tkose
perpetrated cold-war lids on tight so that the rest of us village idiots
don't get all hot and bothered by the truth.

My usual dyslexic topic encryption comes along for the ride at no extra
charge.
-
Brad Guth

usenet seems mostly anti-jewish obsessed to me.

Old September 12th 06, 08:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
captain.

"Frank Glover" wrote in message

Frank Glover wrote:

wrote:

"captain." wrote in message

[...]

this planet is fine for now. people need to stop reproducing so much, that's
all.

Old September 12th 06, 11:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Frank Glover[_1_]

captain. wrote:
"Frank Glover" wrote in message

this planet is fine for now. people need to stop reproducing so much, that's
all.

You could've trimmed that down for just one comment...

But I agree that slowing or stabilizing our numbers (and yees, that
has its own motivational problems) is preferable.

However, humans will go live elsewhere as son as its practical. We
started in east central Africa. Arguably, our history's ben nothing but
migration elsewhere.