[Humour]: People actually said these things

Old June 9th 05, 11:07 AM
Emma Herranen

In article , Wally Anglesea™ wrote:
Thought I'd put up some astronomically related strange questions and
statements

"If it's so dangerous to look at the eclipse, then why are they having
one at all?" (caller to a radio program prior to the 2002 eclipse,
Ceduna, Australia)

If I remember correctly, somebody had sent a letter to a local newspaper
also complaning of the Australia 2002 Eclipse: "If these eclipses are
arranged at all, why can't they be arranged over some more populated
areas instead of the desert."

- Emma

Old June 10th 05, 08:32 AM
Nostromozar

Wally Anglesea™ wrote:
Anyone got some more?

When the Hale Bopp comet visited us in 1997, there was a public
observation in my city. We were taking photographs, when a mother came
with her child and asked us what time the comet will pass.
Old June 10th 05, 06:14 PM
William C. Keel

Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Wally,

Thanks for these gems ... they will be added very shortly to my list at
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html ....

I could add the set from students as well as professionals at
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/sayings.html

Bill Keel
Old June 10th 05, 07:18 PM
Dan McKenna

Bill,

From the halls of learning:

Is it true that the sun isn't 1 solar mass ?

Are there any horizontal branch stars visible from the western hemisphere ?
(poly sci major ?)

You can't have a grazing orbit of the moon because grass does not grow there.

Dan

"William C. Keel" wrote:

Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Wally,

Thanks for these gems ... they will be added very shortly to my list at
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html ....

I could add the set from students as well as professionals at
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/sayings.html

Bill Keel

The Sad Story of a Space Scientist Chris SETI 1 May 16th 05 03:08 PM
All technology outdated betalimit Policy 0 September 20th 04 03:41 PM
Apollo 16 Captures Photo of UFO near Moon Mad Scientist Misc 61 August 24th 04 04:17 AM
Pres. Kerry's NASA ed kyle Policy 354 March 11th 04 07:05 PM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (LONG TEXT) Kazmer Ujvarosy SETI 2 December 25th 03 07:33 PM