Total Lunar Eclipse from Selsey, UK

Old May 5th 04, 12:54 AM
Pete Lawrence

Default Total Lunar Eclipse from Selsey, UK

Had to move down to the beach for the start of this one. My two sons
Richard (12) and Douglas (10) came down, helped and froze in the gusty
wind.

http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse001.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse002.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse003.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse004.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse005.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse006.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse007.jpg

Rather embarassingly, I took 255 photos this evening gulp.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old May 5th 04, 05:05 AM
Kev

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Had to move down to the beach for the start of this one. My two sons
Richard (12) and Douglas (10) came down, helped and froze in the gusty
wind.

I do like those Pete! Very moody.
The 006 one is excellent shot of the moon.
The Canon does well on these.

As for 200 odd, I know what you mean...

Kev

Old May 5th 04, 06:47 AM
gp.skinner

Had to move down to the beach for the start of this one. My two sons
Richard (12) and Douglas (10) came down, helped and froze in the gusty
wind.

http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse001.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse002.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse003.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse004.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse005.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse006.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse007.jpg

Rather embarassingly, I took 255 photos this evening gulp.

Thanks for the pics, had a nice cloudy evening so my photo count was 0 -
managed to see the moon for around 30 seconds during a brief gap in the
clouds around 2220 hrs and it looked similar to your no. 7 pic. I suppose
one advantage of using digital is that you can take 255 photos in a session
without worrying about wasting film.

Graeme
ps. whats the weather like down that end of the country lately - I've family
staying in Littlehampton.

Old May 5th 04, 09:36 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Wed, 5 May 2004 06:47:15 +0100, "gp.skinner"
wrote:

Thanks for the pics, had a nice cloudy evening so my photo count was 0 -
managed to see the moon for around 30 seconds during a brief gap in the
clouds around 2220 hrs and it looked similar to your no. 7 pic. I suppose
one advantage of using digital is that you can take 255 photos in a session
without worrying about wasting film.

Hi Graeme,

I find digital essential for this sort of thing - mainly because I was
such a hopeless film photographer ;-)

It's much easier to get the exposure right if you can snap away
without, as you say, the worry of your wallet having a major
breakdown.

ps. whats the weather like down that end of the country lately - I've family
staying in Littlehampton.

Blimey, don't ask me to remember what the weather's been doing
recently, I'm so tired at the moment all of the days are joining
together.

Weather in Selsey and Littlehampton are not dissimilar. It's not been
that bad but yesterday it really chucked it down during the day.
Looks like it's going to do the same today. Not that cold though at
the moment. Late Saturday, Sunday and the very start of Bank Holiday
Monday were very nice, then it all went down hill.

I used to moan about the night skies and lack of clear opportunities.
Looking at the awful conditions a lot of others had last night, I'll
keep my mouth shut from now on!

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old May 5th 04, 11:38 AM
Martin Frey

Pete Lawrence wrote:

I'll
keep my mouth shut from now on!

Promises...

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old May 5th 04, 11:53 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Wed, 05 May 2004 11:38:07 +0100, Martin Frey
wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:

I'll
keep my mouth shut from now on!

Promises...

Ouch!

Old May 5th 04, 01:40 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Wed, 5 May 2004 13:09:13 +0100, "Geoff Smith"
wrote:

The lifeboat one is a cracker!

You can hardly see the effect of the bank of security lights I set off
in the boat yard while getting to that point. Ooops.

Old May 5th 04, 02:33 PM
Mike Murphy

On Wed, 05 May 2004 00:54:05 +0100, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

Had to move down to the beach for the start of this one. My two sons
Richard (12) and Douglas (10) came down, helped and froze in the gusty
wind.

http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse001.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse002.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse003.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse004.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse005.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse006.jpg
http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/eclipse007.jpg

Rather embarassingly, I took 255 photos this evening gulp.

Number 6 is very nice, well done (again).

I was going to do a similar expedition to the sea front but heavy
showers kept me indoors (I melt in the rain) but as the rain cleared
the Moon cleared the roof tops and I had an excellent view of a
partially eclipsed Moon through bins and my 127 Mak.

- Mike

Portsmouth, UK.
Old May 5th 04, 03:12 PM
Ashley Culver

This flow of pictures is great - it's a new desktop background every week
:O)

Cheers

Ash
Cambridge

Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The November 8th Total Eclipse of the Moon Ron Baalke Misc 0 October 28th 03 07:31 PM
The November 8th Total Eclipse of the Moon (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 October 28th 03 05:41 PM