Chaos vs. Quantum Mechanics: is the Big Bang beyond thermodynamic?

Old January 6th 14, 07:49 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Chaos vs. Quantum Mechanics: is the Big Bang beyond thermodynamic?

The big proposal of thermodynamics is the concept of entropy, where
disorder constantly increases as the universe ages. But is that true
really? Everywhere I look, I see as much or more order happening as
disorder happening.

The first ordering was when baryons were created after the Big Bang. If
the Big Bang were simply a standard explosion, then everything will have
been random radiation. But the Big Bang was subject to all of the rules
of quantum mechanics when it was still microscopic, which macroscopic
explosions aren't, therefore macroscopic explosions are just
thermodynamic and chaotic. The Strong and Weak nuclear forces would've
also played a role in shaping the universe while it was still
microscopic. Macroscopic explosions are mainly shaped by gravity and
electromagnetism these days.

I think the fact that we see order all around us, when thermodynamics
predicts that we should see only disorder, is as a result of the subtle
difference between quantum randomness and true randomness. So the fact
that the galaxies formed into a web structure, could all come down to
this constrained randomness of quantum mechanics vs. unconstrained
randomness of chaos.

Thermodynamics quite obviously comes from quantum mechanics at the
macroscopic level. But Thermodynamics was created in the 1800's, before
we knew about quantum mechanics, maybe Thermo is related to Quantum
mechanics, as Relativity is related to Newtonian Mechanics. The older
theory was just an approximation of the newer theory, which works at our
scale. As such entropy is not as extreme as thermodynamics would make it
out to be.

Yousuf Khan