sci.space.news

Old August 9th 13, 02:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
mark lewis

Default sci.space.news

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013, mark lewis wrote to David Spain:

DS The moderated news posting service provided by JPL with articles
DS supplied by Ron Baalke just keeps chugging along.

ml can anyone point to a FAQ and Charter for that group? i've had zero
ml luck finding either... i've written to the moderators of a couple
ml of sci.space.* groups and only one group pointed me to this area...
ml i've also written to the email address used to post to
ml sci.space.news and received no answer or bounce... how do you get
ml hold of a human over there?

BUMP!

i'm actually surprised that there hasn't been /any/ responses to my post at all

)\/(ark
Old August 9th 13, 01:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article , mark.lewis.my.foot@
3634-12-71.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com says...

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013, mark lewis wrote to David Spain:

DS The moderated news posting service provided by JPL with articles
DS supplied by Ron Baalke just keeps chugging along.

ml can anyone point to a FAQ and Charter for that group? i've had zero
ml luck finding either... i've written to the moderators of a couple
ml of sci.space.* groups and only one group pointed me to this area...
ml i've also written to the email address used to post to
ml sci.space.news and received no answer or bounce... how do you get
ml hold of a human over there?

BUMP!

i'm actually surprised that there hasn't been /any/ responses to my post at all

)\/(ark

I did a quick Google search and didn't find a "good" site which hosted
it. The one I found looked "sketchy", so I didn't reply.

The best way to find it might be to search Google Groups (or whatever
it's called these days) for the FAQ in the sci.space newsgroups. But I
don't have time to do it for you, as I'm up to my neck in "real work"
for which I get paid.

Jeff
Old August 10th 13, 08:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy
mark lewis

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013, Jeff Findley wrote to All:

JF I did a quick Google search and didn't find a "good" site which
JF hosted it. The one I found looked "sketchy", so I didn't reply.

thank you for trying...

JF The best way to find it might be to search Google Groups (or
JF whatever it's called these days) for the FAQ in the sci.space
JF newsgroups. But I don't have time to do it for you, as I'm up to
JF my neck in "real work" for which I get paid.

i'm not asking anyone to retrce my footsteps... i've already done all the searching and have come up empty handed... believe it or not, i've actually been searching for a month or two... the moderators in sci.space.science pointed me here... not even the
again, thanks for trying and for replying

)\/(ark
Old August 12th 13, 01:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article , mark.lewis.my.foot@
3634-12-71.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com says...

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013, Jeff Findley wrote to All:

JF I did a quick Google search and didn't find a "good" site which
JF hosted it. The one I found looked "sketchy", so I didn't reply.

thank you for trying...

JF The best way to find it might be to search Google Groups (or
JF whatever it's called these days) for the FAQ in the sci.space
JF newsgroups. But I don't have time to do it for you, as I'm up to
JF my neck in "real work" for which I get paid.

i'm not asking anyone to retrce my footsteps... i've already done all the searching and have come up empty handed... believe it or not, i've actually been searching for a month or two... the moderators in sci.space.science pointed me here... not even the
again, thanks for trying and for replying

)\/(ark

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...wers/sci.space

If the above link does not work:

Go to Google Groups. Search for the news.answers group. Then search
for sci.space in the "search by topic" key-in field.

Jeff
Old August 13th 13, 04:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 8/8/2013 9:29 PM, mark lewis wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013, mark lewis wrote to David Spain:

DS The moderated news posting service provided by JPL with articles
DS supplied by Ron Baalke just keeps chugging along.

ml can anyone point to a FAQ and Charter for that group? i've had zero
ml luck finding either... i've written to the moderators of a couple
ml of sci.space.* groups and only one group pointed me to this area...
ml i've also written to the email address used to post to
ml sci.space.news and received no answer or bounce... how do you get
ml hold of a human over there?

BUMP!

i'm actually surprised that there hasn't been /any/ responses to my post at all

Sorry,

Been away on vacation when your post first came in. Jeff's last posting
on this thread includes a search whose result is text that lists what
looks like a legit email for Ron Baalke. I've not tried it because I
have no reason to, but you could give it a try.

Please follow up and let us know if you obtained what you were looking for.

Dave

Old August 15th 13, 05:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 8/8/2013 9:29 PM, mark lewis wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013, mark lewis wrote to David Spain:

DS The moderated news posting service provided by JPL with articles
DS supplied by Ron Baalke just keeps chugging along.

ml can anyone point to a FAQ and Charter for that group? i've had zero
ml luck finding either... i've written to the moderators of a couple

Charter for the group "sci.space.news" or at least the CFV can be found
here in news.groups:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...o/VWY_T_XvP5wJ

Further follow-up on this group about moderation & posting policy was
discussed (only briefly) he (Hi Fred!)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...A/4ymrZkGefU0J

Only did the briefest of searches, but so far cannot find an FAQ for
this group. However, based on past practices it would seem the
moderation policy is only for postings originating from the moderator at
NASA/JPL. Make sense given the semi-official character of the postings
there.

Seems current practice is to use this group for (policy) discussions
concerning topics you might run across there.

Dave

Old August 16th 13, 12:17 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

One of the reasons why I could not find the RFD on sci.space.news was
because it began life proposed as sci.space.announce!

Here is the RFD for what eventually became sci.space.news:
(I love research) :-)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...Q/6OcpHbVrqUQJ

Dave