Registax and Dark Frames

Old February 12th 04, 01:25 PM
W. Watson

Default Registax and Dark Frames

How does Registax work with dark frames. When I open an avi file, a button appears
labeled Make Dark Frames. Three possible file types are given, bmp is one of them.
How do I provide a bmp file? If I press the button, just out of curosity, it spins
through some operation and a clock dial moves around. A graph appears. What's that
all about? Surely it couldn't be making a dark frame from the avi images.
--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39° 8' 0" N, 121° 1' 0" W

"Don't you just hate it when someone leaves their call back phone
number at 100 digits a second? And worse. At the end of a long message."
-- Andy Rooney (in disguise)

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
sierra_mtnview -at- earthlink -dot- net
Imaginarium Museum: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html
Old February 12th 04, 04:30 PM

Just started using Registax myself so I'm not an expert, but I learned
that you first input your dark frame images, then push the Make Dark Frames
button to create the bmp file. Clear out the dark frame images and load
the images you want to stack, push the Use Dark Frame button and select
the bmp file you just created. The first time when I did this, the stacked
images were all wrong, but after that, it worked fine. Maybe you need to
exit the program after creating the Dark Frame bmp? There are some
tutorials available (check Google) for using Registax.

Albert

W. Watson ) wrote:
: How does Registax work with dark frames. When I open an avi file, a button appears
: labeled Make Dark Frames. Three possible file types are given, bmp is one of them.
: How do I provide a bmp file? If I press the button, just out of curosity, it spins
: through some operation and a clock dial moves around. A graph appears. What's that
: all about? Surely it couldn't be making a dark frame from the avi images.
: --