"close down communicaitions" if stranded?

Old August 20th 06, 04:44 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie

Default "close down communicaitions" if stranded?

Is this true about "closing down communications":

http://www1.jsc.nasa.gov/aiaa/horizons/jun99.html#story
---
Replace you know what by j to email
Old August 20th 06, 06:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dave Michelson

Jud McCranie wrote:
Is this true about "closing down communications":

http://www1.jsc.nasa.gov/aiaa/horizons/jun99.html#story

I hope so. I can't imagine anything more ghoulish, inhumane or
undignified than the alternative.

--
Dave Michelson

Old August 20th 06, 08:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

Dave Michelson wrote:
I hope so. I can't imagine anything more ghoulish, inhumane or
undignified than the alternative.

Which would have played out anyway: you can bet the USSR would keep
listening, and recording. Which means if if NASA were smart, they'd be
covertly listening and recording too. After all, if the USSR published
faked or out of context recordings of the final moments (screams, or
curses), it would be wise to be in a position to refute them.

Old August 20th 06, 01:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

I wonder if the screams exist of the challenger or columbia crew in
nasa archives somewhere?

If I were nasa they wouldnt become public knowledge..........

Old August 20th 06, 01:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dale[_1_]

On 20 Aug 2006 05:24:43 -0700, " wrote:

I wonder if the screams exist of the challenger or columbia crew in
nasa archives somewhere?

Unbelievable...

If I were nasa they wouldnt become public knowledge..........

But you would probably listen to them on a regular basis
for some dark reason.

Bye, Bob.

Dale
Old August 20th 06, 03:36 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:45:29 -0700, in a place far, far away, Dale
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to
indicate that:

On 20 Aug 2006 05:24:43 -0700, " wrote:

I wonder if the screams exist of the challenger or columbia crew in
nasa archives somewhere?

Unbelievable...

If I were nasa they wouldnt become public knowledge..........

But you would probably listen to them on a regular basis
for some dark reason.

Bye, Bob.

Fortunately, we don't have to listen to Bob's little-girl-like screams
from killfile hell.
Old August 20th 06, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

Dale wrote:
Not publicly. Had the USSR had done that, it would have been condemned
by the entire world. They'd likely have lost the cold war with a single,
ill-conceived press release.

Publishing information without attribution is pretty easy. Posting an
audio tape to a newspaper without a return address is a simple method.
That's often the preferable method when the origin of the story might
overshadow the story itself. Lots of people had radio telescopes,
could have come from anywhere.

Old August 20th 06, 05:17 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:45:29 -0700, Dale wrote:

But you would probably listen to them on a regular basis
for some dark reason.

....Just listen? Try masturbate.

OM
--