"Apollo EECOM: Journey Of A Lifetime"

Old February 25th 05, 06:06 AM
Justin Wigg

"Peter Smith" wrote in message ...

On a side note, there was a time back in '01 when we were all Justin Wigg.
Justin (once regular now honorary lurker) was lucky enough to be invited by
David Sander to play FIDO in a scene in Man Conquers Space. He is the
s.s.h representative on this spectacular film.

It was a great weekend - lots of fun had during the first Oz
s.s.h.con! (Hard to believe it's been over three years now.)

Anyway, I'm currently working with Dan Brown on his sequel to "Angels
& Demons" and "Da Vinci Code" where the Illuminati and Priory of Sion
respectively are replaced by the much more ominous and thoroughly evil
"Backward Jaw" sect. ("We Are Justin" = WAJ. Sorry. Not very good
but it's all I could come up with on such short notice.)

(Actually, what I've *really* been working on is getting our second
daughter Kristen up and running. She's two months old now. Two
daughters. Hmmmm - me thinks karma is at work here.)

Very little time for s.s.h these days I'm afraid although I wish it
were not the case. Keeping an interested eye on the proposed May date
of return-to-flight as well as still trying to finish getting through
all the stuff on the Spacecraft Films Saturn DVDs.

Which reminds me of a question I've always wanted to ask. Regarding
the film of the test failure of S-IVB stage S-IVB-503 on the test
stand due to a poor bulkhead weld, I've never seen a clip that
actually shows the disintegration of the stage. It almost seems like
the film jumps straight from "everything OK" to "already blown myself
apart". Was the explosion really that instantaneous? What does it
look like when that much LOX and LH2 mix and burn? I guess the
explosion fireball *would* be reasonably visually tame as compared to
a RP-1 flame...

Anyway, enough of that. Cheers to you all...
--
SQL select * from users | Justin Wigg - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
where clue 0; | http://juthan.blogspot.com
Old February 25th 05, 11:11 AM
Peter Smith

Justin Wigg wrote...
It was a great weekend - lots of fun had during the
first Oz s.s.h.con! (Hard to believe it's been over
three years now.)

Yeah, the early morning on the beach watching the WvB ferry rocket take off
was the best! ...watching you dremmel through your hand was second best
But those control consoles looked ace in the MCS trailer.

(Actually, what I've *really* been working on is
getting our second daughter Kristen up and running.

Lost in Space fan huh

Regarding the film of the test failure of S-IVB stage
S-IVB-503 on the test stand due to a poor bulkhead weld,
I've never seen a clip that actually shows the
disintegration of the stage. It almost seems like the
film jumps straight from "everything OK" to "already
blown myself apart". Was the explosion really that
instantaneous?

Challenger would be a good example I guess..

Anyway, enough of that. Cheers to you all...

Great to see you here again. Yawl come back now y'hear!

- Peter

Old February 25th 05, 11:17 AM
Dale

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:11:53 GMT, "Peter Smith"
wrote:

Great to see you here again. Yawl come back now y'hear!

Beverly Hillbillies fan, huh? Is your second daughter named
Elly May?

Dale
Old February 25th 05, 11:29 AM
Peter Smith

Dale wrote...
Peter Smith wrote:

Great to see you here again. Yawl come back now y'hear!

Beverly Hillbillies fan, huh? Is your second daughter
named Elly May?

Heh. Years ago my boss had taped all the Hillbillies episodes onto his new
Beta VHS. He had re-edited out all the commercials and slow parts and they
were punchy 15 minute episodes. He kept the closing theme and catchphrase
on each though. :/ (...yeah, we got a lot of work done back then)

My kids are 3 boys; and no, the second one ain't Ellie May (OR Jethro) g

- Peter

Old February 25th 05, 11:40 AM
Dale

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:29:27 GMT, "Peter Smith"
wrote:

Beverly Hillbillies fan, huh? Is your second daughter
named Elly May?

Heh. Years ago my boss had taped all the Hillbillies episodes onto his new
Beta VHS. He had re-edited out all the commercials and slow parts and they
were punchy 15 minute episodes. He kept the closing theme and catchphrase
on each though. :/ (...yeah, we got a lot of work done back then)

Wow- the condensed versions must have been great- the show wasn't exactly
dull, even with the slow parts.

My kids are 3 boys; and no, the second one ain't Ellie May (OR Jethro) g

Nor "Jethrene", I trust. So, you named him "Milburn Drysdale Smith"? Very
dignified

Dale

Old February 25th 05, 03:58 PM
Herb Schaltegger

"Peter Smith" wrote:

Regarding the film of the test failure of S-IVB stage
S-IVB-503 on the test stand due to a poor bulkhead weld,
I've never seen a clip that actually shows the
disintegration of the stage. It almost seems like the
film jumps straight from "everything OK" to "already
blown myself apart". Was the explosion really that
instantaneous?

Challenger would be a good example I guess..

No, most of what you see is the hypergolics from the RCS. The only
part that's LOX/LH2 is the white steam cloud.

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D., GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
"The loss of the American system of checks and balances is more of a security
Old February 26th 05, 12:49 AM
Terrell Miller

Justin Wigg wrote:

Two daughters. Hmmmm - me thinks karma is at work here.)

hate to break it to you boyo, but the responsibility for that trend lies
solely with *you*

--
Terrell Miller

"Every gardener knows nature's random cruelty"
-Paul Simon George Harrison
Old April 4th 05, 03:08 AM
OM

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:59:00 -0500, rk
wrote:

I tried to e-mail Sy and failed. If Sy is still reading, please send me an e-
mail. Or if someone else had e-mailed him, please let me know what the
correct address is.

....I just tried e-mailing Sy as well, from what was a good e-mail
address. It also bounced back.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old April 4th 05, 07:52 AM
Andrew Gray

On 2005-04-04, rk wrote:
Hi,

I tried to e-mail Sy and failed. If Sy is still reading, please send me an e-
mail. Or if someone else had e-mailed him, please let me know what the
correct address is.

I'd contacted him on sliebergot houston rr com, punctuated as
appropriate, which I think was an address obtained from the postings. If
it's that you tried, I guess it's gone invalid.

--
-Andrew Gray

Old April 25th 05, 03:49 PM
Sy Liebergot Sy Liebergot is offline
Member

Location: Houston, TX

Helloe All,
Yes, my valid e-dress is the Road Runner one. I have heard from OM.
Sy Liebergot