What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

Old February 11th 04, 01:58 PM
bart janssens

Default What is the visual difference between a stone and a satellite?

"Stephen Fels" wrote in message om...
"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...

That is why your chart of maximum speeds doesn't seem to
allow for rocket launches (BTW, amateurs in the western desert
are getting close to putting homemade rockets into orbit.
For the cost of a Greyhound ticket, you could go watch a rocket
launched by ordinary people, if you're so distrustful of
the world's governments).

What is the VELOCITY reached by those home-made rockets?
2,000KPH? That is FAR AWAY from 28,000KPH....

And gravity on the surface is FAR AWAY from the zero gravity experienced in
space. You're really going to have to try harder.

The gravity at a height af 300km is 9m/s^2,
that is closer to 10m/s^2 than to zero...

Why do you write "getting close to putting rockets into orbit"?
Do you believe in "Santa Claus"? Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-kook and probably some variety of insane. Good
bye.

Why do you not answer the question?
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?

www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/a.html
Old February 11th 04, 02:17 PM
Stephen Fels

"bart janssens" wrote in message
om...
Why do you not answer the question?

You still haven't answered my question. How is GPS possible? Satellite
phones? Satellite television? Satellite weather imagery? Satellite
photography? The Starshine project? The Iridium flares? Pre-planned water
dumps by the Shuttle? Pre-planned fuel dumps by launch vehicles. The recent
satellite that was equipped with a green laser that many observers saw
sweeping through the clouds. The ability to see the wire connecting tethered
satellites? The ability to see and photograph the shape and structure of the
Shuttle and the Space Station in a backyard telescope? The fact that I can
watch the Shuttle take off from my backyard and an observer in England can
see it at precisely the time one would expect for an object travelling at
orbital velocity and then, roughly 90 minutes later, I can see it again,
after circling the Earth?

How is it that the OIG predicts, days in advance, the appearance of new
objects orbiting the Earth? How is it that NASA predicts the dissapearance
of objects, perfectly agreeing with the de-orbit of the Shuttle?

How is it that this "conspiracy" involves millions of civilians, businesses,
enemy governments and countless technologies all around the world and you
are the only person on the planet who can prove them all wrong, with
highschool math and gradeschool logic?
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com

Old February 13th 04, 08:12 AM
Ed Cannon

In article ,
says...

Here's more of the same type of thread on another forum:

http://www.sciencegroups.com/viewtopic.php?t=15409

If anyone can read Dutch, there's a lot more that can be found
via Google, and I bet at least some of it is the same stuff.

It would be easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to any
rational person. Tell us where you are (in Belgium it seems),
and we will tell you exactly what time and where in the sky
to look to see specific satellites. We will tell you which
objects they are -- International Space Station, Iridium
flares, many others, including bright upper stage launch
vehicles. Actually, you don't have to have us tell you, just
go to heavens-above.com and find your location and see which
objects are predicted for you.

If you're unwilling to try such a simple experiment -- which
will prove you wrong -- then you don't deserve to be listened
to one more time by anyone.

If you're just trolling due to not having a life ... well, it
takes all kinds....

Ed Cannon - - Austin, Texas, USA
(Remove "donotspam".)
http://wnt.cc.utexas.edu/~ecannon/satellite.htm

Old February 13th 04, 04:54 PM
bart janssens

"Stephen Fels" wrote in message . com...
[...]

I have answered those questions already many times!
But you wrote...

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-kook and probably some variety of insane.

Why do you not answer the question?
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?

(Is 28,000KPH not the velocity that is needed for an orbit?)

And why did you not repeat "the question"?

How is it that this "conspiracy" involves millions of civilians, businesses,
enemy governments and countless technologies all around the world and you
are the only person on the planet who can prove them all wrong, with
highschool math and gradeschool logic?

This is precisely the same reaction,
that was given to Copernicus and Galileo...
But, as you probably know,
Copernicus and Galileo were right...
and all the other civilians, millions of them...
were wrong...

NOTHING IS MORE UNBELIEVABLE THAN THE REALITY
www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/a.html

Old February 13th 04, 05:59 PM
Stephen Fels

[...]

Cite?

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

Those home made rockets are limited by the amount of fuel they can carry and
the ratio of fuel to payload weight. Their limited speed is a matter of
money and materials, not physics.

The Shuttle carries 4,400,000 lbs of fuel, to propell 165,000 lbs of
Shuttle. The burning fuel exits that back of the Shuttle at about 6,000 mph
(this can be independantly verified, since it is known that those explosives
expand between 5,000 and 10,000mph). The solid rocket boosters burn for
about 2 minutes and generate about 3,300,000 pounds of thrust each at launch
(they average 2.65 million pounds each during their burn). The three main
engines burn for about eight minutes, producing 375,000 lbs of thrust each,
before Main Engine CutOff (MECO). So, you have 7,725,000 lbs of thrust
accellerating 4,400,000 lbs for 2 minutes and then 1,125,000 lbs of thrust
accellerating roughly 250,000 lbs for 6 more minutes.

That's plenty of power to accellerate at 3g's (the maximum allowed for
shuttle launches, since they carry civilians. Earlier manned launches
experienced harder accelleration forces) for 480 seconds. Accellerating 96
feet per second, every second for 480 seconds, or 96fps + 96fps + 96fps +
.... 480 times. That's escape velocity.

How is it that this "conspiracy" involves millions of civilians,

businesses,
enemy governments and countless technologies all around the world and

you
are the only person on the planet who can prove them all wrong, with
highschool math and gradeschool logic?

This is precisely the same reaction,
that was given to Copernicus and Galileo...
But, as you probably know,
Copernicus and Galileo were right...
and all the other civilians, millions of them...
were wrong...

If Copernicus and Galileo had told Magellan that the world was flat, AFTER
he had circled the globe, he would have rightly called them kooks.

Old February 16th 04, 04:25 PM
bart janssens

I have answered those questions already many times!

Cite?

I have answered those many questions already many times!
Go to groups.google.com and do a search on "Mark Peeters",
combined with the question you want...

But, now back to MY question!

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

Why do you drop five lines of the question?

"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit"?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?
I DO NOT THINK SO!

That's because you're a net-KOOK and probably some variety of insane.
Why do you not answer the question?
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?
Is 2,000 close to 28,000?

(Is 28,000KPH not the velocity that is needed for an orbit?)

I will repeat "the" question that you do not dear to answer.
Is the speed of a home-made rocket more than 2,000KPH?

And if the answer is "yes",...why do you claim that...
"home-made rockets are getting close to orbit",
since you need a velocity of 28,000KPH for an orbit?

If Copernicus and Galileo had told Magellan that the world was flat, AFTER
he had circled the globe, he would have rightly called them KOOKs.

If Magellan had claimed that the earth was flat, after he
had circeld the globe, Copernicus and Galileo
rightly would call him a LIAR,INSANE or a KOOK!

If you claim that space-travel is real,
because "2,000 is greater than 28,000"
then I can righly call YOU a liar, insane or a kook...
and that is probably the reason why you wrote...

"That's because you're a net-KOOK and probably some variety of insane."