Dennis Wingo the Engineering Idiot is Afraid of Change!

Old February 21st 08, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
kT

Default Dennis Wingo the Engineering Idiot is Afraid of Change!

Jim Davis wrote:

kT wrote:

Wingo in particular is blinded by his vanity.

Oh, have mercy on my poor irony meter!

Yes, but my vanity is backed up by solid evidence, there is a huge
difference, as you well know. For instance, when Mr. Wingo strutted his
stuff over to RealClimate, and started into his crackpot uneducated
spiel, when asked for numbers, he immediately fudged his basic geometry
to the tune of almost an order of magnitude. He algebra is nonsense.

I'm fairly happy with the COTS result, my position paper was a big hit,
and I can always use an Orbital booster as an LRB for my real rocket.

I even got a KSC launch pad deal into the works over there.

Shuttle huggers. Heh heh. Enjoy the eclipse, I am.
Old February 21st 08, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:09:20 -0000, in a place far, far away, Jim
Davis made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

kT wrote:

Wingo in particular is blinded by his vanity.

Oh, have mercy on my poor irony meter!

Well, now we know who isn't in Jim Davis' killfile...

My irony meter doesn't have to stand up to such abuse...

Then plonk him, fascist.
Old February 21st 08, 01:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 5:13*am, kT wrote:
Dennis Wingo on NASASpaceflight.com :

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/for...?tid=11586&sta...

"for some reason NASA does not want to buy any hardware anymore. Oh the
SRB's ET and other STS elements would be virtually unchanged. Change
costs money and that is something that we want to avoid. No VAB changes,
no pad changes, or at least minimal ones and we can even use the OPF
facility virtually unchanged."

Change costs money and that is something we want to avoid.

This from the guy who still refuses to believe in global warming. This
is the guy that brought us VSE and ESAS, lied about EELV black zones,
and now he and his buddy John ****burger want to bring us the Shuttle C!

Let me clue you in Mr. Wingo, change is well underway, thank you :

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

As you can see, **** costs money.

That's known. That's why people have always let NASA
build concrete stuff for Government idiots, and other people
build robots, computers, lasers, and helicopters that work.
.
Old February 21st 08, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 7:52 pm, kT wrote:

I'm fairly happy with the COTS result, my position paper was a big hit,

It was passed around as a joke

Old February 21st 08, 02:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Phil Hays[_2_]

QuantumSam wrote:

Last fact -- we still aren't as warm as 400 years ago (back when they made
wine in Greenland and England)

In England, grapes and wine are currently farther north than any reliable
account in history. First Google hit was:

http://www.sharpham.com/vineyard_tours.htm

Enjoy your tour.

--
Phil Hays

Old February 22nd 08, 12:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Pat Flannery

Phil Hays wrote:

In England, grapes and wine are currently farther north than any reliable
account in history. First Google hit was:

http://www.sharpham.com/vineyard_tours.htm

Enjoy your tour.

I've never been to it, but there is apparently a vineyard in Minnesota.
The Vinus Lambrusca grapes of the New World seem to tolerate cold better
than the Vinus Vinifera of Europe

Pat
Old February 23rd 08, 05:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
V-for-Vendicar

"QuantumSam" wrote
It's not that he (or I ) doesn't believe in Global Warming, it's that
we understand that most of the ongoing warming is due to the increase
in energy output of the Sun.

You mean that direct observation shows to be cooling?

Ahahahahahaahahah........

MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN