NASA wants to sell part of KSC lands to new.space companies

Old February 18th 08, 07:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default NASA wants to sell part of KSC lands to new.space companies

On Feb 18, 11:50 am, wrote:
On Feb 18, 2:36 pm, gaetanomarano wrote:

On 18 Feb, 19:08, wrote:

again NASA is not selling anything, especially the infrastructure.

just wait, the story is going very fast..

no one wants them

privates want the BEST things not the old relics

As usual, you are clueless and have no idea what you are talking
about.

Everything is a relic. Other than land, the only other stuff KSC has
is shuttle equipment. No commercial company would want it

But possibly China could put it to good use on behalf of their CATS.
.. - Brad Guth
Old February 18th 08, 11:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
gaetanomarano

Location: Italy

On 18 Feb, 20:50, wrote:

*Everything is a relic. *Other than land, the only other stuff KSC has
is shuttle equipment. *No commercial company would *want it

clearly, you have not read my article and my posts...

I've already said that great part of the NASA value comes from the
"brains" that work for it while the infrastructures have a low value

a private company that buy NASA wants its "know how" not the VAB or
the launch pads (all things easy to build bigger and better)

.
Old February 19th 08, 12:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Feb 18, 6:55�pm, gaetanomarano wrote:
On 18 Feb, 20:50, wrote:

�Everything is a relic. �Other than land, the only other stuff KSC has
is shuttle equipment. �No commercial company would �want it

clearly, you have not read my article and my posts...

I've already said that great part of the NASA value comes from the
"brains" that work for it while the infrastructures have a low value

a private company that buy NASA wants its "know how" not the VAB or
the launch pads (all things easy to build bigger and better)

.

really a equatorial launch complex has so many advantages why bother
with KSC

And no offense but the engineers there are so caught up in jobs and
pork just how useful are they?

nasa hasnt built a new launch system in over 40 years, so experience
isnt current

there are hard workers at nasa, and those can be easily hired away
from the agency.

many would likely go for even a pay cut to really go do something

and heck once operational hasve a yearly raffle of a space trip, the
worker could use it or sell it
Old February 19th 08, 01:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Feb 18, 7:31 pm, " wrote:

really a equatorial launch complex has so many advantages why bother
with KSC

Becuase the US has no equatorial teratorries

And no offense but the engineers there are so caught up in jobs and
pork just how useful are they?

Offense taken. You are just talking from your ass. You have no clue
about what you are talking about. How would you know? You are
assuming something based on no real data. Many of the engineers
(union workers are different) are very passionate about their work.
You just have a preconceived and biased opinion that holds no water
It boils down to that you are just an asshole, who thinks he knows
something but is clueless

nasa hasnt built a new launch system in over 40 years, so experience
isnt current

Clueless again. launch ops is launch ops. The workers move between
USA, ULA, Boeing, LM, OSC, etc
NASA/USA designed parts of the Delta IV and Atlas V pads

and those can be easily hired away from the agency.

Wrong again

many would likely go for even a pay cut to really go do something

Wrong again

You don't even know the workforce structure, so how can you........
Forget it, you are just an ass and nothing will change that

Old February 19th 08, 02:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On 18 Feb, 20:50, wrote:

Everything is a relic. Other than land, the only other stuff KSC has
is shuttle equipment. No commercial company would want it

clearly, you have not read my article and my posts...

I've already said that great part of the NASA value comes from the
"brains" that work for it while the infrastructures have a low value

a private company that buy NASA wants its "know how" not the VAB or
the launch pads (all things easy to build bigger and better)

KSC employment is 14000 workers
A private company can't buy the NASA workers (2000 of them). They work
for the gov't and can't work for a private company unless they quit.
Most wouldn't quit since the gov't benefits are good. The other 12000
workers already work for private companies, USA, Boeing, Lockheed,
SGS, Analix, ASRC, etc. They can't be bought unless the whole company
is bought or another company wins a contract.

Old February 19th 08, 02:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

wrote in message
On Feb 18, 7:31 pm, " wrote:

really a equatorial launch complex has so many advantages why bother
with KSC

Becuase the US has no equatorial teratorries

Not strictly true. But somehow I don't see substantial launch operations
occuring from there. :-)

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!