Mercury Transit - HOT!

Old November 8th 06, 08:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Mercury Transit - HOT!

Hi saa,

I too am watching Mercury transit the Sun. But, it is so hot here in
southern California I can only watch for a few minutes at a time.....me
and the scope back to the shade for a few, then out to watch
again.....over and over and over! But a great sight!

Rick

Old November 9th 06, 01:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Florian[_2_]

Was warm here in Palm Springs too. But i probably got to show about 30 people at my workplace. It always surprises me that some people are not interested at all and others, sometimes people i always thought were a little dull, are often the most interested and ask the best questions. Two people thought they could actually see Mercury move after looking for a few seconds. Probably just an illusion but i didn't say anything to ruin their fun. ;-)

..Florian

Old November 9th 06, 04:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

My Dob stayed out in the open all day long.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Mercury Transit AM Amateur Astronomy 5 November 7th 06 10:00 PM
Mercury Transit & SOHO [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 November 2nd 06 09:41 PM
Mercury Transit? [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 5 October 26th 06 07:09 PM
Mercury transit Stargazer Solar 0 October 22nd 06 06:48 PM