Neil Armstrong saying

Old October 7th 03, 12:30 AM
Rod Stevenson

Default Neil Armstrong saying

I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

Rod

Old October 7th 03, 01:12 AM
David Sander

Rod Stevenson wrote:

I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

Uh-oh.

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old October 7th 03, 01:19 AM
Henry Spencer

In article ,
Rod Stevenson wrote:
I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it...

He did not. It's a recently-invented myth.
--
MOST launched 1015 EDT 30 June, separated 1046, | Henry Spencer
first ground-station pass 1651, all nominal! |
Old October 7th 03, 01:20 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Rod Stevenson" wrote in message
I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey"

*Please* go to Google and check what has already been said on this matter in
this newsgroup.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

---

Old October 7th 03, 01:37 AM
Alan Erskine

"Rod Stevenson" wrote in message
I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

Rod

It's crap. Just a story with no basis in reality or truth.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Thinking of converting to Optusnet?
Don't - they're hopeless - use another server.

Old October 7th 03, 01:54 AM
Jan Philips

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:30:11 +0000 (UTC), "Rod Stevenson"
wrote:

I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

This is known to be an urban legend:
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.htm

Old October 7th 03, 05:51 AM
OM

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:20:58 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Rod Stevenson" wrote in message
I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey"

*Please* go to Google and check what has already been said on this matter in
this newsgroup.

....Some newbies should really know better than to post a query on
something as goofy as this before doing a google on what's been posted
before.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 7th 03, 11:41 AM
John Beaderstadt

I was reading in the bathroom when I ran across an item written by
"Rod Stevenson" on Mon, 6 Oct 2003
23:30:11 +0000 (UTC), which said:

I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

Is it that time of year again?

-------------
Beady's 11th Law of Social Harmonics: "Your spouse is precisely the kind of person someone like you would choose to marry."
Old October 7th 03, 02:13 PM
jeff findley

"Rod Stevenson" writes:
I have recently been told that while on the Moon, Neil Armstrong made the
comment " Good Luck Mr Gorskey" Does anyone know if he really said it and
what is the meaning of the comment ?

Urban legend (surfaces here with alarming regularity):

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.htm

If you think something might be an urban legend, check www.snopes.com
before you post here.

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old October 7th 03, 08:42 PM
Rod Stevenson

Thank you for the replies. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. The original
posting followed a conversation with a well respected mathematition in my
school. I had not heard of the quote but knew that the readers of this
newsgroup would know the answer. I can now pass the information on that it
is all a rather rude joke.

Rod Stevenson
Teacher of Chemistry and Space Sciences