ASTRO: Sharpless 2-119 in halpha

Old August 11th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Sharpless 2-119 in halpha

this is just getting started but looks pretty interesting to me. There's the
big bright nebula in the middle but there's lots of faint dark nebulosity
all around the area.

This is just west of NGC7000

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...er_ha_page.htm

it is just 1h 20 minutes exposure through halpha from the backyard (4x20
minutes)

then it got cloudy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2_119_p300_6303_baader_ha_4x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	1095
Old August 11th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Phantastic image Richard. I don't think I have seen this one before. I will
put it on my list with high priority.

Stefan

Old August 11th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
this is just getting started but looks pretty interesting to me. There's the
big bright nebula in the middle but there's lots of faint dark nebulosity
all around the area.

This is just west of NGC7000

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...er_ha_page.htm

it is just 1h 20 minutes exposure through halpha from the backyard (4x20
minutes)

then it got cloudy

Looks like a dark nebula in the north west corner. I do have to start
thinking of adding a wide field setup. Even my 6" f/4 won't quite take
this guy in. So I expect SI and OIII to follow with more H-alpha time
as well though it hardly needs it.

Rick