Help,Strange sighting

Old October 14th 06, 05:10 AM
Zmbywoof Zmbywoof is offline
Junior Member

Question Help,Strange sighting

Hi,
I just found found this site, after doing quite a few searches in the past few weeks trying to identify an object I saw.
On 9/04/06 Shortly after 5am (eastern time) I spotted what appeared to be a satellite traveling north to south & almost directly overhead. After 15-20 seconds however, it began a turn to the east. As my jaw dropped, it completed a very tight u-turn back to the north. (holding my arm out, the radius of the turn was within 3 finger widths) As soon as it completed the turn, it accelerated like nothing I've ever seen, (other than a few meteors) & I lost track of it in less than 2 seconds.
As I said, I've been doing some searches to try to identify what it may have been,,,so far no luck,,Any ideas?

EDIT; Sorry about the multiple posts,,,browser seemed to be hanging when I was trying to post:-P

Last edited by Zmbywoof : October 14th 06 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Apology
Old October 24th 06, 02:37 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Jix

Default Strange sighting 9/04/06

its that damn US military trying out their new toys again...

;o)

--
Zmbywoof