Please recommend software for star tracking

Old July 26th 06, 04:41 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
rkremser

Default Please recommend software for star tracking

Hello, I am very new to this and very intrested. I came across
heavens-above and love how you enter your location and you are given
coordinates in the sky of where the events will be in refrence to your
location.
I was wondering if there is software avaliable so that I could get
coordinates of stars based on my location and the time. This may be very
easy but again I am just getting into this and any suggestions are welcome.
Ideally I would be able to get these corrdinates for the stars without an
active internet connection for a database. Thanks in advance,
rkremser

Old July 26th 06, 10:28 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Peter Seiler[_1_]

rkremser - 26.07.2006 17:41 :

Hello, I am very new to this and very intrested. I came across
heavens-above and love how you enter your location and you are given
coordinates in the sky of where the events will be in refrence to your
location.
I was wondering if there is software avaliable so that I could get
coordinates of stars based on my location and the time. This may be very
easy but again I am just getting into this and any suggestions are welcome.
Ideally I would be able to get these corrdinates for the stars without an
active internet connection for a database. Thanks in advance,
rkremser

CdC, freewa

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

--
by(e) PS
spam will be killed

Old July 27th 06, 11:33 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Mike McCants[_1_]

CdC, freewa

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

CdC will work, but the process of loading new orbital elements
by replacing the Visual.tle file in the cat\satellites directory is
not properly documented. The quicksat.mag file should also be
updated.

The ability to predict satellites is under the "calendar" menu.

Contact me (mmccants at io dot com) if you need more help.

Mike McCants

Old July 28th 06, 11:13 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Peter Seiler[_1_]

Mike McCants - 28.07.2006 00:33 :

CdC, freewa

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

CdC will work, but the process of loading new orbital elements
by replacing the Visual.tle file in the cat\satellites directory is
not properly documented. The quicksat.mag file should also be
updated.

The ability to predict satellites is under the "calendar" menu.

Contact me (mmccants at io dot com) if you need more help.

a PM is on the way to you.

--
by(e) PS
spam will be killed