CEV PDQ

Old May 16th 05, 08:12 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Mon, 16 May 2005 21:46:51 +0000, Rand Simberg wrote:

Of course he got it (indirectly) from the prize.

Assertion.

And to back it up...

Had the prize not occurred, he probably wouldn't have gotten the investment.

.... speculation.

Today's edition of "Exploring Simbergspeak" has been brought to you
by Diachronous Dichotomies Incorporated, and the number "-1".

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old May 16th 05, 08:21 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:05:29 -0500, Rand Simberg wrote
(in article ):

And I thought I was in your killfile, Herb?

New newsreader is a little buggy. Guth keeps escaping, too, so you're
in fine company.

--
Herb Schaltegger, GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old May 16th 05, 08:39 PM
OM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:28:15 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

Did DC-X "fail" in any real sense? Or is it just my cynical view that
"failure" and "journalist" are synonyms?

....Only if you work for Fox.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 08:41 PM
OM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:12:31 GMT, Chuck Stewart
wrote:

Today's edition of "Exploring Simbergspeak" has been brought to you
by Diachronous Dichotomies Incorporated, and the number "-1".

....Actually, that's the number "Glx", "Shptzl" and "Glaaa", and the
vowel "Q".

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 08:43 PM
OM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:25:37 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

What evidence is there that Allen would have invested absent the prize?

....How many dishes is Allen investing in with *no* prize money
involved, Rand?

Anyone else note that the domain name munge Rand uses is still rather
accurate?

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 08:44 PM
OM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:24:05 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

Nonsense.

[Karnak]

"What is the one word that isn't profane that describe's Rand's
blatherings?"

[/Karnak]

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 08:48 PM
OM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:48:55 GMT, simberg.interglobal@org (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

Ignoring the odious comparison with our life-on-Venus nutbag,

....Truth hurts, huh?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 08:52 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:24:05 -0500, Rand Simberg wrote
(in article ):

If they do the same job with equivalent results, how could they help
but be more efficient, given that they're a small team?

Please, pull out of your terminal case of cranial-anal-loopback and get
into the real world. "Efficient" doesn't simply mean "few people doing
the work." Besides which, you're once again changing terms and
conditions to fit your own goal of perpetuating argument: I didn't say
"same work." I said "analogous work" for a good reason. You might
want to contemplate that before you spout off with more nonsense.

Old May 16th 05, 09:00 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:25:37 +0000, Rand Simberg wrote:

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Rand wrote:
Had the prize not occurred, he probably wouldn't have gotten the
investment.

... speculation.

Speculation? I thought it was well established, based on public
comments from both Burt and Allen.

Ahah! Then you should have placed your comments within this context
instead of assuming that your audience is instinctively aware of
every nuance of every one-liner you utter. The price of brevty, for
you, is unclear writing

What evidence is there that Allen would have invested absent the
prize?

I dunno. I didn't make that assertion.

Old May 16th 05, 09:14 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:48:55 -0500, Rand Simberg wrote
(in article ):

You can't imagine
thelevel of indifference with which I view my status in your killfile.
Ignoring the odious comparison with our life-on-Venus nutbag,

Yet you still need to mention it, don't you?

I was
just pointing out that it looks a little silly to supposedly killfile
someone and then continue to respond to them.

Not nearly as silly as most of your statements in this thread.