Popping The Big Bang

Old September 17th 03, 02:54 AM
Jim Greenfield

Default Popping The Big Bang

db wrote in message ...
Jim Greenfield wrote:

"J. Scott Miller" wrote in message ...
Thanks again for once again demonstrating how a lack of understanding of a
scientific theory allows one to make foolish statements in public. My
suggestion - get some knowledge and stop making stupid statements.

If you can't 'see' that the whole BBB's was proposed because the earth
'seemed' to be near the center of the universe, as every way we look
the red shift appears to show galaxies moving away, then YOU fit the
description!

if that is what you 'see', then you have misunderstood the bb theory.

How handy is it that 'space is expanding, taking matter with it'??

How handy is it that the speed of light is finite, so that as we look further
out in the universe we see it how it was longer back in the past.

what we see at 13B ly away is not the edge of the universe, what we see there is
how the universe was 13B years ago; relativly shortly after the BB.

Is that so? Pictures look mighty like the ones just around here- old
and wrinkled, not young at all. And people there see the same thing
looking here! Don't you think Al's bull****ometer could be suggesting
that we are both victims of the same illusion?

Jim G
Old September 17th 03, 03:08 AM
Jim Greenfield

"Chosp" wrote in message news:vWw9b.55015$cj1.42115@fed1read06...
"Jim Greenfield" wrote in message
om...

Any way- answer the post or shut up!

**** you, you ignorant troll.
Your post has been answered.
Learn some physics before attempting
to beat off in public.

Trolling to me, is what I do when I tow a fishing line behind my boat.
The fish I (sometimes) catch are much more intelligent, logical,
errudite and persuive than you (and probably more imaginative
and knowledgable)

Jim G
Old September 17th 03, 03:28 AM
Jim Greenfield

Uncle Al wrote in message ...
Bull**** meter quivers and it isn't even uncrated yet.

Albert (are you descended?)
I once worked for a mining exploration company. We drilled bore holes
down which the 'logger' sent a probe to measure the radiation level
(we looked for uranium deposits). The logger had to set his probe for
back ground radiation, before starting his test. On one occasion, he
thought that something was broken, as he couldn't set to zero; the
needle kept going off the dial. After a hold up of several days, and
two factory rebuilds of the probe, he realised that we were standing
in the stuff!!
So the next time your meter quivvers, check your boots! It will be a
sure sign that you stepped in something smelly!

Apparently we are close to the position of the 'singularity' from
which the universe sprung into being some 13.7 billion years ago, and
can see its glory in all directions.

Bull****. Bull****! Your tongue isn't connected to yoru brain by
simple observation. Every point in the universe is at its exact
center *right now* and is equally distant from the Big Bang. As you
look into space you look back into time and *right now* isn't there
yet.

IT IS THERE- we just haven't SEEN IT YET!!

Not so those poor souls at the
extremities!

BULL****. Go out at night. Look at a far galaxy at one horizon and
than at another 180 degrees away. Theya aren't in each other's light
cones. Neither one exists as viewed by the other.

You are making an arbitrary assumption (last in capitals). You are
assuming the ages of the galaxies to be less than the time it would
take a photon to cross that void (in many cases this might be true, if
one or both of the galaxies have fizzled out or yet to be formed)

If as claimed, the edge of the universe is 13.7 bly away,
the total width becomes 27.4 bly, and so they are only able to 'see'
as far as us (half of it).

Bull****. You don't know anything about inflation or your light cone.
[snip]

(And isn't 'The Big Bang' such an imaginitive load of rubbish??)

Yeah, and cosmic background radiation and its power spectrum don't
exist, either. Idiot.

They may come from far beyond our limit of vision- NOT be a "product"
of BBBs

Cheers
Jim G
(and check those boots)
Old September 17th 03, 05:57 AM
Jim Greenfield

roy wrote in message news:2895284.totUt5CqIz@localhost...
Jim Greenfield wrote:

Second, and importantly, to maintain isotropy and homogeneity in an
expanding universe endows the closer to center galxies with some
form of telepathy! An expanding smoke cloud does not maintain
homogeneity- neither would an expanding universe! Simple geometry
shows the outer galaxies spreading faster, so the inner ones need a
mechanism to maintain an equal separation.....
("POP")

I don't see how you justify that. As far as I know BB argument states
that recessional effects on mass distribution will be the same for
both the observer and the observed. When we see galaxies speeding away
and "rareifying" as groups in their region the same is happenning here
to our groups. Neither place theirs or ours is special or different
in terms of recession. Expansion is, roughly speaking, a product of
hubble and distance. East or West makes no difference.

roy

Exactly! So what we both see is an illusion (expansion et al)

Fill a room with balloons. Pop them all at once. Whence goes the
material contained there-in? Nowhere man!

Jim G

Old September 17th 03, 06:20 AM
Chosp

"Chosp" wrote in message

"Jim Greenfield" wrote in message
om...

Any way- answer the post or shut up!

**** you, you ignorant troll.
Your post has been answered.
Learn some physics before attempting
to beat off in public.

Trolling to me, is what I do when I tow a fishing line behind my boat.

Then you are even more ignorant than you first appeared.

The fish I (sometimes) catch are much more intelligent, logical,
errudite and persuive than you (and probably more imaginative
and knowledgable)

Clearly nowhere near as "persuive" as yourself.

Old September 17th 03, 02:43 PM
Randy

"Uncle Al" wrote in message

snip

Bull****. Bull****! Your tongue isn't connected to yoru brain by
simple observation. Every point in the universe is at its exact
center *right now* and is equally distant from the Big Bang. As you
look into space you look back into time and *right now* isn't there
yet.

snip

BULL****. Go out at night. Look at a far galaxy at one horizon and
than at another 180 degrees away. Theya aren't in each other's light
cones. Neither one exists as viewed by the other.

If "[e]very point in the universe is at its exact center *right now* and is
equally distant from the Big Bang" then how is that possible, Uncle Al? I'm
not questioning that it *is* possible, I just don't get *how* it's possible.

Thanks,

--
-Randy (OF+)
'Up the stairs.

snip

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Old September 17th 03, 03:03 PM
Randy

"Chosp" wrote in message

snip

Clearly nowhere near as "persuive" as yourself.

What caused "inflation"?

Thanks,

--
-Randy (OF+)
'Up the stairs.

Old September 17th 03, 03:07 PM
[email protected] \(formerly\)

Dear Randy:

"Randy" wrote in message

"Uncle Al" wrote in message

snip

Bull****. Bull****! Your tongue isn't connected to yoru brain by
simple observation. Every point in the universe is at its exact
center *right now* and is equally distant from the Big Bang. As you
look into space you look back into time and *right now* isn't there
yet.

snip

BULL****. Go out at night. Look at a far galaxy at one horizon and
than at another 180 degrees away. Theya aren't in each other's light
cones. Neither one exists as viewed by the other.

If "[e]very point in the universe is at its exact center *right now* and

is
equally distant from the Big Bang" then how is that possible, Uncle Al?

I'm
not questioning that it *is* possible, I just don't get *how* it's

possible.

Every point on the surface of a balloon is equidistant from the balloon's
center isn't it? This is also a common 2D (the surface of the baloon)
analogy for the larger 3D case. We are on the skin, and what we see around
us was received from points "further in" (in time anyway).

David A. Smith

Old September 17th 03, 03:22 PM
Randy

(formerly)" dlzc1.cox@net wrote in message
Dear Randy:

snip

If "[e]very point in the universe is at its exact center *right now*

and
is
equally distant from the Big Bang" then how is that possible, Uncle Al?

I'm
not questioning that it *is* possible, I just don't get *how* it's

possible.

Every point on the surface of a balloon is equidistant from the balloon's
center isn't it? This is also a common 2D (the surface of the baloon)
analogy for the larger 3D case. We are on the skin, and what we see

around
us was received from points "further in" (in time anyway).

David A. Smith

Thanks, David. I had forgotten about that analogy. I wish I could get my
mind around how it translates to 3-D, but I guess I need lots more math than
I have. LOL

One other quick question (which may show my extreme ignorance, but what the
hell):
If the BB started at a single point, when and how did the universe (or our
portion of it) transition to what it is now? Instantly? After inflation?

I went through most of the stuff that Mr. Wormley provided,
but.../shrug/...what can I say? Most of it was over my head. Heck, as a
layman I think I understand quantum physics better than I understand
Cosmology. LOL

Thanks again, David! As frustrating as this is to get a handle on, it's
still fascinating.

--
-Randy (OF+)
'Up the stairs.