[OT] ATTENTION Comrade Flannery . . . this is right up your alley!

Old June 28th 05, 01:44 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Default [OT] ATTENTION Comrade Flannery . . . this is right up your alley!

I couldn't help but think of Pat's more creative writings when I saw
this link to hundreds of Soviet, Cuban, Czech and Polish propaganda
posters, "Many are for sale!"

http://posters.nce.buttobi.net/

--
Herb Schaltegger, GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old June 28th 05, 03:57 PM
Cyrille Vanlerberghe

Herb Schaltegger a écrit :
I couldn't help but think of Pat's more creative writings when I saw
this link to hundreds of Soviet, Cuban, Czech and Polish propaganda
posters, "Many are for sale!"

http://posters.nce.buttobi.net/

Not so off topic!
See:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Russia...8824_.htm?LS=0
Very cool EVA suits! ;-)
Cyrille
Old June 29th 05, 12:50 AM
Terrell Miller

Herb Schaltegger wrote:
I couldn't help but think of Pat's more creative writings when I saw
this link to hundreds of Soviet, Cuban, Czech and Polish propaganda
posters, "Many are for sale!"

Tovarisch Ulyanov must be spinning in his grave over that part

--
Terrell Miller

"Suddenly, after nearly 30 years of scorn, Prog is cool again".
-Entertainment Weekly
Old June 29th 05, 12:54 AM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

I couldn't help but think of Pat's more creative writings when I saw
this link to hundreds of Soviet, Cuban, Czech and Polish propaganda
posters, "Many are for sale!"

http://posters.nce.buttobi.net/

There's some great WW I propaganda posters over here also:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters/index.htm
Avant-garde Bolshevik art and propaganda posters make for a truly
strange marriage. Is it just me, or does this look like it's aimed at
gays?: http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters.../pp_rus_03.jpg
It's entitled "Never Buy in a Private Shop When You Can Buy in
Co-operative" and I'll bet that goes for Judy Garland records also.
On the other hand, if this doesn't scare the hell out of you, nothing will:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters.../pp_rus_05.jpg
It's entitled "The Enemy Is At The Gates!", and from the look of things,
the enemy is winning.
Here's the zany "The Struggle of the Red Knight with the Dark Forces"
http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters.../pp_rus_06.jpg
Okay, all you Beatles fans...one... two... three:
"Bang, bang!
Down came Marxism's silver hammer on the counterrevolutionary's head.
Bang, Bang!
Down came Marxism's silver hammer and killed the reactionary dead!"
I am still trying to make sense of the cosmology being promulgated in
this German one:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters.../pp_ger_09.jpg

Pat