Buzz meaningless words

Old February 12th 13, 09:43 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Buzz meaningless words

Is it me or are meaningles words like stakeholders taking over from things
that mean anything lately?
They missed out Inform and mission statement here, but got most of the
others in, Overarching is now mainstream and they forgtot that one too!

BrianFeb. 11, 2013

David E. Steitz
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1730

RELEASE: 13-039

NASA UNVEILS STRATEGIC SPACE TECHNOLOGY INVESTMENT PLAN

WASHINGTON -- NASA's Strategic Space Technology Investment Plan has
been posted to the agency's website. The comprehensive strategic plan
prioritizes space technologies essential to the pursuit of NASA's
mission and achievement of national goals.

The NASA Strategic Space Technology Investment Plan was created
following development of a series of agency draft Space Technology
Roadmaps. After careful review of the roadmaps by the National
Research Council, with input from the public and key stakeholders,
NASA finalized this new investment plan. It provides guidance for
NASA's space technology investments during the next four years,
within the context of a 20-year horizon. The plan will be updated
approximately every two years, as appropriate, to meet agency and
national needs.

"Technology enables discovery and advancement," NASA Chief
Technologist Mason Peck said. "We look forward to working with our
stakeholders to grow our technological base and take the journey to
expand scientific understanding, explore the universe, and make a
positive impact on the lives of all."

In 2010, the president and Congress unveiled an ambitious new
direction for NASA, which includes renewed investment in space
technology to align mission directorate activities, increase
capabilities, lower mission costs and support long-term needs. The
result has been an aggressive and prioritized technology investment
by NASA that enables exploration and science missions while also
supporting other government and commercial space activities. The plan
is based on a four-pillar system of goals to ensure NASA investments
optimize the benefits of key stakeholders, other U.S. government
agencies, the private sector and the national economy.

NASA recognizes the importance of a balanced portfolio of technology
development at all stages of technology maturity. Using the Strategic
Space Technology Investment Plan, NASA will continue to invest in
revolutionary concepts that help develop the nation's work force and
provide transformative and crosscutting technology breakthroughs to
enable our missions and benefit the commercial sector.

To review the Strategic Space Technology Investment Plan and learn
more about NASA's investment in space technology, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/oct

-end-

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old February 13th 13, 06:40 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain

On 2/12/2013 3:43 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is it me or are [meaningless] words like stakeholders taking over from things
that mean anything lately?
They missed out Inform and mission statement here, but got most of the
others in, Overarching is now mainstream and they [forgot] that one too!

Brian

My favorite excerpt:

The plan
is based on a four-pillar system of goals to ensure NASA investments
optimize the benefits of key stakeholders, other U.S. government
agencies, the private sector and the national economy.

Besides other US Government agencies, the private sector and the
national economy what are the other "key stakeholders" besides NASA?
Should that comma have been a colon? ...

"...to ensure NASA investments are optimized both within NASA and for
the benefit of the other key stakeholders: other U.S. government
agencies, the private sector and the national economy..."

*sigh* the fact that I can improve on Doublespeak is troubling to me....

Dave "doubleplusminus good" Spain