Astrological "Baby Name" Ideas for Brad & Angelina Jolie

Old May 21st 08, 04:59 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,sci.astro.amateur
EdAugusts

Default Astrological "Baby Name" Ideas for Brad & Angelina Jolie

So, unless agents and publicists are stirring things up to get lots of
press coverage, there's supposedly a controversy raging between Angelina
Jolie and Brad Pitt over what names to give their twins who are due
approx. August 19th.

Of concern to me, as an author and professional astrologer, is that
Angelina, as a Gemini, would be so selfish or thoughtless as to use
"Castor and Pollux" to describe twins due to arrive in August, when the
Sun will be in either Leo or Virgo. Maybe it would be a nice touch to
use these as middle names, with a normal name as a first name. But
"Castor" and "Pollux" are obscure mythological names, not names designed
to make a kid popular or successful.

It Might Not even be BOYS ?!! What's Up with That??

But there's something even worse! When I first saw this story I
thought sure the story would be about a pair of BOYS, since Castor and
Pollux are both male names, and that they were "due" within the next
month or so, while Sun transits the Sign of Gemini. No! Was I
surprised! AUGUST 19th??? That is right on the cusp -- at the end of the
Sign of Leo and the beginning of Virgo. The only possible match-up I
can think of at the moment is that Virgo has some traditional connection
to gardening and plants of various kinds, and Castor (the castor bean)
is a kind of plant. That still leave "Pollux" out. Brad's the
father? So the child would be "Pollux Pitt?" and the other one,
"Castor Pitt?" Ugh! No matter WHAT you call 'em, it's their last name
that's problematical -- "Pitt!" Call 'em anything you want, they'll be
a "Pitt". Marilyn Pitt, Bobby Pitt, Susie Pitt, Sam Pitt, Danny Pitt,
Maxwell Pitt, Adrian Pitt, Erica Pitt, --take your choice! Maybe their
last name will be hyphenated, "Jolie-Pitt", but is "Pollux Jolie-Pitt"
much better?

Give 'em More Appropriate Names for their Sign, Angelina!

Lookit! If this is BOYS who end up being born under the Sign of LEO,
then I'd say name 'em something vaguely cat-like or with lion-like
characteristics, heck, name 'em "Leo" and "Felix" for gosh sakes, if you
want to go "astrological" with names. The film actor from about 50
years ago: Rip Torn, comes to mind. Call one "Tiger" or "Ty". Or
take a good quality of felines and turn that into a name. Just don't
call one "Catsup" or "Bobcat". Actually, that's not half bad. "Bobcat
Pitt". What about if they're born in the last 10 days of August, under
Virgo? Virgo has traditional associations with health and chastity,
--well there's ONE name, for a girl, anyway, "Chastity", or "Chase" as a
shortened, simplified form.. Although Cher's naming her daughter
"Chastity" doesn't seem, in retrospect, to have been a wise choice of
names.. Having to do with gardens, herbs, and gardening are noted Virgo
sun-sign attributes. So the French name for a garden, "Jardin" might be
nice. Love of small animals is another very general Virgo trait, but
that doesn't mean go and name 'em "Squirrel" or "Bunny". Well, nothing
wrong with "Bunny", is there? Although "Bunny Pitt" rhymes with the
movie, "Money Pit".

"Nick-Naming" / "Feminizing" the Male Names, Castor & Pollux,
MIGHT Be The Best.

By the way, I haven't read the news stories yet (this story hit me
like a ton of bricks and I immediately wanted to post my thoughts about
the names!) but has ultrasound revealed for sure that it will be boys
-- or girls? Or one of each? Unless the parents know "FOR SURE" that
this is going to be a pair of boys, then the names mentioned are out of
the question. It would be as inappropriate to call a girl Castor or
Pollux as it would to call a boy Helen (of Troy) or Angelina. It is
incredible to think a mother would want to call a pair of GIRLS, these
ancient Greek BOYS' names. Ugh! Here's an idea! They could "feminize"
the male names Castor and Pollux. These names easily resolve into Cassie
and Polly. That way everyone can be happy.

Best, ----Ed
http://www.edaugusts.com
http://stores.ebay.com/mysticbooks
http://groups.google.com/group/BOOK-...ith-Ed-Augusts
Old May 21st 08, 05:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Greg Crinklaw

EdAugusts wrote:
By the way, I haven't read the news stories yet (this story hit me
like a ton of bricks and I immediately wanted to post my thoughts about
the names!)

The universe is likely to have over 100 Billion galaxies in it, each
containing hundreds of Billions of stars, the majority of which are
likely have planets orbiting them. How's that for a ton of bricks?

Yet this celebrity nonsense is what you pass your time on Earth with?

Even in such a vast Universe I don't believe humans are insignificant
because we can measure and conceive of it. But what happens when we
don't bother?

Dude, my advice is to try making yourself a little less insignificant.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools: http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html
Observing: http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html
Comets: http://comets.skyhound.com

To reply take out your eye
Old May 21st 08, 07:00 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,sci.astro.amateur
onchee

On May 21, 8:59*am, EdAugusts wrote:
[...]

Best, *----Edhttp://www.edaugusts.comhttp://stores.ebay.com/mysticbookshttp://groups.google.com/group/BOOK-ADVENTURES-with-Ed-Augusts

Apologies if this is double posted-

The whole situation is such a greek tragedy anyways those names
would do okay but how about nameing all the kids 'Nanny Fodder".

Onchee
Old May 21st 08, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,sci.astro.amateur
MC

In article
,
onchee wrote:

The whole situation is such a greek tragedy anyways those names
would do okay but how about nameing all the kids 'Nanny Fodder".

The absolute best and funniest site about baby names is:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

One of the funniest sites on the web.

--
"An Englishman takes time."
--Eartha KItt
Old May 22nd 08, 12:00 AM posted to misc.kids,alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.astro.amateur
Victor Velazquez[_2_]

EdAugusts wrote:

Of concern to me, as an author and professional astrologer

I'm not sure "fraud" counts as a profession.