report: ISS minor debris strike

Old December 4th 03, 04:39 AM
Reed Snellenberger

Default report: ISS minor debris strike

Chris Jones wrote in :

Reed Snellenberger writes:

[...]

Advisory for the people who've ordered a keg of Dowtherm for the
weekend, from the Material Safety DataSheet:

Potential Health Effects:
INGESTION:
SHORT TERM EXPOSU nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, drowsiness,
symptoms of drunkenness, blindness, bluish skin color, lung
congestion, kidney damage, nerve damage, convulsions, coma
LONG TERM EXPOSU liver damage, reproductive effects

Hey, so if we diluted this a little bit, we could use it as a poison!

LOL! (Although if you drink just the right amount, you qualify to join
Blue Man Group...)

--
Reed
Old December 5th 03, 01:58 AM
Derek Lyons

(dave schneider) wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote:
[...]

Wide spread of experience we have stmx3 was a sonar tech who rode
fasties in the 70's out of Charleston, and I rode a 41 boat in the
80's. I think you are the only zero-ganger though.

Derek, I can connect "41" with "boomer" to correlate with your missile
boat experience, but perhaps a glossary for us innocent types? I can
guess "fasties" refers to killer subs, but "zero-ganger"? I know,
your comment is really a footnote, but some of us are just plain
jealous of insider knowledge!

g OK, here goes;

'41' refers to the original boomers (of which there were 41) which
were known as the '41 for freedom'. To the crews they were frequently
known as the '40 for freedom and 1 for ________', where the blanks was
filled in with whatever activity the boat was currently engaged in
that the crew was not enamored of.

'fasties' = 'fast boats' = Fast Attacks (SSN's) (There was also
briefly a type of boat known as colloquially as the 'slow approach',
early SSBN's who had their missles removed and were redesignated fast
attacks. They spent the bulk of their time playing target for other
boats, being little suited to any other useage.)

'zero-ganger' = The Auxilary Division was known as the A-gang, and
sometimes other divisions were known as 'gangs' as well. (Missile
gang, sonar gang etc..) Officers paygrades were procedeed with an 'O'
(O-1 = ensign, O-2 = Lt. etc..). So sometimes the officers in general
were known as the zero-gang.

D.
--
The STS-107 Columbia Loss FAQ can be found
at the following URLs:

Text-Only Version:
http://www.io.com/~o_m/columbia_loss_faq.html

Enhanced HTML Version:

Corrections, comments, and additions should be
e-mailed to , as well as posted to
sci.space.history and sci.space.shuttle for
discussion.
Old December 5th 03, 08:19 AM
The Other James

Advisory for the people who've ordered a keg of Dowtherm for the
weekend, from the Material Safety DataSheet:

Well, we order it two or three kegs (55 gallon barrels actually) at a
time. I think I have some left... Anyone want a glass of koolaid?

Old December 5th 03, 07:12 PM
dave schneider

(Derek Lyons) wrote:
g OK, here goes;

Thanks, Derek! That'll keep me going for a good while!

/dps