Report: Dan Goldin REJECTED by Boston University

Old November 1st 03, 07:07 AM
Alan Erskine

Default Report: Dan Goldin REJECTED by Boston University

"Charles Buckley" wrote in message
Alan Erskine wrote:
Why was he rejected?

He was unable to agree with the trustees over the
duties and responsibilities - specifically where his would
end and where the Chancellor's role would take over.

It's surely not the roll of either Dan Goldin or the Chancellor to make such
determinations, but the roll of the Board? So why was there a problem; the
board should have made a determination.

Glad to see it wasn't because of any allegations about management ability.

--
Alan Erskine
alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with
the current virus SPAM attack, respond
to alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Old November 1st 03, 07:44 AM
LooseChanj

On or about Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:38:07 -0500, Kevin Willoughby
made the sensational claim that:
Or he may just retire. BU is paying him nearly $2,000,000 to go away.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/01/ed...?ex=1068267600
&en=78a0642f4cf830fd&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

I'd gladly just go away for half that.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old November 1st 03, 11:52 AM
Herb Schaltegger

In article ,
Kevin Willoughby wrote:

Or he may just retire. BU is paying him nearly $2,000,000 to go away.

See? Much better than he could do on a steam grate in Dupont Circle!

;-)

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer

Old November 1st 03, 04:26 PM
Tom Coradeschi

Charles Buckley writes:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Why was he rejected?

He was unable to agree with the trustees over the
duties and responsibilities - specifically where his would
end and where the Chancellor's role would take over.

And my gut tells me that he will not be the only candidate to experience
this, although he will likely be the only one we discuss here...

--

tom coradeschi + tcora(at)pica.army.mil
--

tom coradeschi + tcora(at)pica.army.mil
Old November 3rd 03, 03:36 AM
Derek Lyons

Kevin Willoughby wrote:
To the amazement of those of us who had high school teachers
gives us many tests, the teacher's union is very much opposed
to the MCAS. Silber is seen as the antichrist to the union leaders.

In general teacher's unions around the US are adamantly opposed to
anything that allows us to identify individual students with specific
deficiencies. Teachers fight accountability tooth and nail.

D.
--
The STS-107 Columbia Loss FAQ can be found
at the following URLs:

Text-Only Version:
http://www.io.com/~o_m/columbia_loss_faq.html

Enhanced HTML Version:

Corrections, comments, and additions should be
e-mailed to , as well as posted to
sci.space.history and sci.space.shuttle for
discussion.
Old November 3rd 03, 04:31 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
Kevin Willoughby wrote:
To the amazement of those of us who had high school teachers
gives us many tests, the teacher's union is very much opposed
to the MCAS. Silber is seen as the antichrist to the union leaders.

In general teacher's unions around the US are adamantly opposed to
anything that allows us to identify individual students with specific
deficiencies. Teachers fight accountability tooth and nail.

Of course from talking to my teacher friends their current issue is being
told by the district they are in, "teach to the test."

So, we may be ending up with a generation of very good test takers.

D.