Sacramento SIV-B Static Test Facility Today

Old January 12th 05, 06:05 PM
Rusty

Default Sacramento SIV-B Static Test Facility Today

On Terraserver I've found what remains of the Douglas Aircraft -
Sacramento Saturn SIV-B static test facility.

This is a picture of one of the SIV-B test stands when it was active.

http://www.cloudster.com/RealHardwar...nto3/sac29.jpg

The photo comes from this great website:
http://www.cloudster.com/RealHardwar...ramentoTop.htm

The same test stand today, as seen on Terraserver:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...82&Y=85410&W=2

Notice what remains of the liquid hydrogen storage tank, concrete test
stand and nearby corrugated steel building.

Sad to see the remains of the Apollo program rusting away and
neglected.

The old Douglas SIV-B facility is just east of former Mather AFB (now
civilian Mather Field) and just south of the AeroJet Test Facility in
Rancho Cordova, CA.

-Rusty

Old January 12th 05, 07:09 PM
Derek Lyons

"Rusty" wrote:

Sad to see the remains of the Apollo program rusting away and
neglected.

Yes, they should be bulldozed down and the land put to productive use.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old January 12th 05, 07:15 PM
Rusty

While we're looking at Saturn hardware on Terraserver, here are the
Houston and Huntsville Saturn V's:

Houston-

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...ton%7cTexas%7c

Huntsville-

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...e%7cAlabama%7c
-Rusty

Old January 12th 05, 09:19 PM
OM

On 12 Jan 2005 11:15:50 -0800, "Rusty"
wrote:

While we're looking at Saturn hardware on Terraserver...

DSS-14 Deep Space Network Antenna, Goldstone:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=10&T=1&X=2550&Y=19600&Z=11&W=1&ref=F| DSS-14+Deep+Space+Network+Antenna%2c+Goldstone

KSC Shuttle Launch Pads:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=14&T=1&X=168&Y=988&Z=17&W=1&ref=F|Ken nedy+Space+Center+(Shuttle+Launch+Pads)

The VAB itself:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=14&T=1&X=168&Y=988&Z=17&W=1&ref=F|Ken nedy+Space+Center+(Shuttle+Launch+Pads)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 12th 05, 10:43 PM
Ed Kyle

SA-211 (S-1B-11 first stage with dummy S-IVB) at I-65
Alabama Welcome Center (AL/TN state line).

The real S-IVB-11 is in the Hunstville Sat V photo, to the
left of the Sat V, masqerading as a Skylab.

"http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=16&X=2549&Y=19339&W=1&qs=%7c decatur%7cAL"
- Ed Kyle

Old January 13th 05, 12:58 PM
LooseChanj

wrote:

While we're looking at Saturn hardware on Terraserver...

DSS-14 Deep Space Network Antenna, Goldstone:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=10&T=1&X=2550&Y=19600&Z=11&W=1&ref=F| DSS-14+Deep+Space+Network+Antenna%2c+Goldstone

KSC Shuttle Launch Pads:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=14&T=1&X=168&Y=988&Z=17&W=1&ref=F|Ken nedy+Space+Center+(Shuttle+Launch+Pads)

The VAB itself:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?S=14&T=1&X=168&Y=988&Z=17&W=1&ref=F|Ken nedy+Space+Center+(Shuttle+Launch+Pads)

You forgot my place:
http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...673&Y=3925&W=1
Old January 13th 05, 06:00 PM

Rusty wrote:

On Terraserver I've found

Speaking of that, run right out and get a copy of USAPhotoMaps; it's a
freeware application (although the author would appreciate a donation)
that really makes Terraserver sing. Check out the "urban areas" color
phototography for the urban areas that are covered.
It's at the author's site, http://www.jdmcox.com/