Searching for aliens = wasting money for nothing . . . .

Old December 15th 04, 03:07 AM
Bruno Beam

Default Searching for aliens = wasting money for nothing . . . .

I think there are no aliens near Earth and it makes absolutely no
sense to search for them.And if there are, who cares? Maybe they are
aggressive ? Let sleeping dogs lie!

We should spend the money for the war against terror instead, this is
much more important.
Old December 15th 04, 05:46 AM
Mike Williams

Wasn't it Bruno Beam who wrote:
I think there are no aliens near Earth and it makes absolutely no
sense to search for them.And if there are, who cares? Maybe they are
aggressive ? Let sleeping dogs lie!

If there happen to be hostile aliens in the neighbourhood, it might be
advantageous to listen for them and possibly get some advance warning.

We should spend the money for the war against terror instead, this is
much more important.

The worldwide spend on SETI is about $4 million/year. The US alone just
spent $20000 million on the war against terror. An extra $4 million is
extremely unlikely to make any noticeable difference to terrorism.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure
Old December 19th 04, 07:24 AM
Ron

The American public alone spends many billions per year in the
search for beauty and hundreds of billions on "unecessary health
care", while 40-70million have no health care at all. These two
items are just for starters in the economy of waste.You add it up!
R.

Bruno Beam wrote:

I think there are no aliens near Earth and it makes absolutely no
sense to search for them.And if there are, who cares? Maybe they are
aggressive ? Let sleeping dogs lie!

We should spend the money for the war against terror instead, this is
much more important.

The 14 Defining Characteristics Of Fascism * Astronomy Misc 32 May 6th 04 12:54 AM
money RASCH Solar 0 February 12th 04 12:08 PM
money RASCH Misc 0 February 12th 04 12:08 PM