"Faster, cheaper...cheaper...cheaper"

Old August 12th 11, 04:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_4_]

Default "Faster, cheaper...cheaper...cheaper"

A toy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14497641

Old August 12th 11, 07:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Aug 12, 5:28*am, Rich wrote:
A toy.

A lost toy. The new game on the streets is is called "Spot the Wedgy."
I wonder about its velocity as it hit the ocean. Hopefully lower than
in the upper atmosphere.

Cue speculation about alien technology and/or alien abduction of the
craft for examination and heated discussion of patent infringements.
The Pentagon had better keep an eye out for a large package of legal
papers from Lodsys. (and/or the little green men) ;-)
Old August 13th 11, 06:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Aug 13, 7:02*am, Rich wrote:

Unless they sheathed the thing in Shuttle tiles, if it was traveling at
13,000mph when it was low in the atmosphere, it would have burned up like
a meteor.

Which would surely have made it highly visible to IR tracking and
casual ground observation? Burning $2billion in a few seconds is apt
to be noticed by someone. It's that tired old entitlement-dependency
culture at work again. How far is it from the Pentagon to the White
House?

"Well, Sir. It's like this, Sir. This morning we had a $2billion
toy.... but we ...er.. lost it in the bath. So now we'll be needing
another $2billion ASAP for a new one."

"Two billion?! You're grounded for a week!"

"Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir. Thank you very much, Sir." Click.... "It's
Okay, Gentlemen. We're back on. It's only money."

"Hey, General?"

"What is it, Major?"

"Did y'all hear them liberal faggots down in South Africa are having a
national health service?"

"Are you bull****ting me, Major?"

"No, Sir!!"

"Damned waste of good money! Where are my cigars?"

"Here, Sir!"