The Reports Of My Demise Were Almost *NOT* Exaggerated (Wuz: OM, Hospital, Again, Yadda)

Old March 24th 08, 03:29 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default The Reports Of My Demise Were Almost *NOT* Exaggerated (Wuz: OM, Hospital, Again, Yadda)

....Well, I got released this evening after two more weeks in the
hospital. Apparently a secondary infection from my amputation got into
the bloodstream and played total havok with my digestive system from
stem to stern. Things deteriorated so quickly that they had to EMS me
to the hospital, and then I was nearly comatose until they managed to
culture isolate the strain and work in an antibiotic. *Then* they had
to figure out why I couldn't stop vomiting up anything I took in. They
only finally got that one doped out last Thursday, and once that took
effect they tried their damndest to keep me in until *next* Wednesday
despite promises of going home on Saturday. Today I put my foot down
and made it clear I was good enough to go home, because if I hadn't I
would have killed someone because I was damn stir crazy. And without
one of our trolls in reach, it would have probably been a nurse - and
this time, sadly, there were a few who would have deserved it. Unlike
last time, this wasn't a fun stay at all. I had access to the net, but
no strength to sit up and take advantage of it. Add to that my ISP
shutting down my e-mail for some unknown reason, and I'll be dealing
them some verbal epithets in the morning, natch. Which is why nobody
could get ahold of me, obviously.

....Anyway, I'm off to bed, but I had to check up on things around here
first, just to see who really *did* miss me. Thanks for the
well-wishes, and I'll start perusing the 300+ posts that got past the
troll filters tomorrow sometime.

So sorry, ElfNazi, Guthball, Erskine and all the rest of the trolling
trash. I ain't dead yet. Nyah.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old March 24th 08, 03:50 AM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney

OM wrote:

...Well, I got released this evening after two more weeks in the
hospital. Apparently a secondary infection from my amputation got into
the bloodstream and played total havok with my digestive system from
stem to stern.

snip - OM has a Bad Day - a Very Bad Day

...Anyway, I'm off to bed, but I had to check up on things around here
first, just to see who really *did* miss me. Thanks for the
well-wishes, and I'll start perusing the 300+ posts that got past the
troll filters tomorrow sometime.

So sorry, ElfNazi, Guthball, Erskine and all the rest of the trolling
trash. I ain't dead yet. Nyah.

Glad to hear it.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion
Old March 24th 08, 08:26 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dale Carlson

Although we rarely get along, I'm glad you're not dead
I was just thinking about posting to the list to try to get
the "OM Back In Hospital Again" thread back on topic, and
to ask if anybody had any contact info on "Brother Dim".

You know, in future it might be nice if you (and Pat, who I
also sometimes worry about) would set up some contact
system with a trusted member of the NG, so we won't be left
so much in the dark and on the verge of having one of you
declared virtually dead

Looking forward to the resumption of your totally obnoxious
postings.

Dale

P.S. I gather that Judy Tenuda is now on a moment's call,
for the last resort...
Old March 24th 08, 09:47 AM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

OM wrote in
:

He's back--alive and kicking and cussing!

Just the way we like you, OM. Keep on truckin', eh?

--Damon

Old March 24th 08, 10:08 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Damon Hill" wrote in message
OM wrote in
:

He's back--alive and kicking and cussing!

Just the way we like you, OM. Keep on truckin', eh?

Who's "we", Damon? I'm glad he's going to be OK, but don't speak for the
rest of us.

Old March 24th 08, 11:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bash

On 24 Mar, 03:29, OM wrote:
Add to that my ISP
shutting down my e-mail for some unknown reason, and I'll be dealing
them some verbal epithets in the morning, natch. Which is why nobody
could get ahold of me, obviously.

I did speculate that the hospital lost their internet feed. Looks
like I was close.

Damn good to hear that your back, take good care of yourself in the
meantime :-)

Bry
Old March 24th 08, 04:38 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...Well, I got released this evening after two more weeks in the
hospital.

How do we know you're not a Zombie OM of some kind?
Did you eat fish while in the hospital? Was it a blowfish by any chance?
I thought so!
Back to the Haitian sugarcane fields with you, you undead thing! ;-)

Pat
Old March 24th 08, 04:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Dale Carlson wrote:
P.S. I gather that Judy Tenuda is now on a moment's call,
for the last resort...

It took a lot of work on her part to bring about OM's cure; and her trip
to Lake Tele in the Congo to bring back the Mokele-Mbembe dinosaur blood
that formed the basis for the reviving antibiotic that defeated the evil
staphylococcal bacteria will be remembered for many years by the Pygmies
of the region; who in their love named her "Poopamigtani-Shututtu"
("Woman who bathes even less than us and has a loud box") or just
"Poo-Shu" for short.
But she knew that even that would not be enough to save her stud
stallion without the vital antibodies found only in giant Tasmanian
fruit bat milk....and milking giant Tasmanian fruit bats is no easy
matter if you've ever tried it. In their awe at her abilities the native
Tasmanians named her "Dinkatagano-Mopatingety " ("The one who suckles on
bats") or "Dink-Mop" for short.
OM may remain a zombie for some time yet, but if all goes well then a
dead toad buried at a crossroads outside of Port A Prince during the
next Lunar eclipse should restore him fully to the world of the truly
living.
Until then it's best not to have too close of contact with him, lest he
attempts to eat your brain.

Pat
Old March 24th 08, 10:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damien Valentine

I'm new. We haven't talked much. But best wishes, regardless.
Old March 24th 08, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:33:13 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
Damien Valentine made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I'm new.

We can tell. Otherwise you wouldn't be wasting time attempting to
have an intelligent conversation with Brad Guth, who is mentally ill.

If you want people to read your other posts, you'll quit responding to
him.