"Good... Morning...SAA"

Old August 26th 07, 07:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gareth Slee

Default "Good... Morning...SAA"

....well good evening from us Brit's :-)

Well it's been a while since I dropped in here and I see the old
newsgroup has been hit by a few problems? Nothing it can't manage by the
way.
My main reason apart from saying hello to all my old friends was to
check on Anthony Ayiomamitis. There's real problems there with wild
fires and I'm a little concerned for him.

Anyway a big (in no particular order) Welsh "Shw mae" to Marty, Rod,
Jan, Dave, Greg, Howard, John, Sam, Bill, Esmail, David, Edward, Martin,
Steve, Chris, Florian, Dennis, Brian, Roger, Dale, William and I hope
Anthony.
If I've forgotten someone then I'm sorry but my brain started to hurt
and it ain't getting any younger

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://www.garethslee.com
Old August 26th 07, 08:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Marty

GARETH!!
Nice "seeing" you again!! Hope you stick around a bit too! Sort
of a reunion of sorts going on in here just lately...
Marty

Old August 26th 07, 08:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Marty

And yes, I hope Anthony's OK too! Saw the wildfire pics on CNN...
Marty

Old August 26th 07, 08:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gareth Slee

Marty wrote:

GARETH!!
Nice "seeing" you again!! Hope you stick around a bit too! Sort
of a reunion of sorts going on in here just lately...
Marty

And the Marty was shining in Wales today!!!

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://www.garethslee.com
Old August 26th 07, 08:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Esmail[_3_]

Gareth Slee wrote:
...well good evening from us Brit's :-)

hiya Gareth, good to see you.

man, this is starting to have a feeling of a class reunion .. nice :-)
Old August 26th 07, 08:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gareth Slee

Esmail wrote:

Gareth Slee wrote:
...well good evening from us Brit's :-)

hiya Gareth, good to see you.

man, this is starting to have a feeling of a class reunion .. nice :-)

Hi Esmail
You still into cycling? I seem to remember you liked to move around a
lot.

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://www.garethslee.com
Old August 26th 07, 08:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jan Owen

"Gareth Slee" wrote in message
. ..
...well good evening from us Brit's :-)

Well it's been a while since I dropped in here and I see the old
newsgroup has been hit by a few problems? Nothing it can't manage by the
way.
My main reason apart from saying hello to all my old friends was to
check on Anthony Ayiomamitis. There's real problems there with wild
fires and I'm a little concerned for him.

Anyway a big (in no particular order) Welsh "Shw mae" to Marty, Rod,
Jan, Dave, Greg, Howard, John, Sam, Bill, Esmail, David, Edward, Martin,
Steve, Chris, Florian, Dennis, Brian, Roger, Dale, William and I hope
Anthony.
If I've forgotten someone then I'm sorry but my brain started to hurt
and it ain't getting any younger

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://www.garethslee.com

Hi, Gareth!!!

Glad you could drop in for a visit!!!

Hope you can stick around... Things are looking up around here, with lots
of voices from the past; hope it's a continuing trend!!!

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.6
Longitude: -112.3
http://community.webshots.com/user/janowen21

Old August 26th 07, 08:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Esmail[_3_]

Gareth Slee wrote:
Esmail wrote:

Gareth Slee wrote:
...well good evening from us Brit's :-)

hiya Gareth, good to see you.

man, this is starting to have a feeling of a class reunion .. nice :-)

Hi Esmail
You still into cycling? I seem to remember you liked to move around a
lot.

Hi

These days more running than cycling, just ran my first ever marathon
in May. That was quite a challenge, but I'm glad i did it, and hope
to again.

And yup, I just moved again, now in up-up-up-upstate NY. Not so much
by choice, but that's where the job is. I'll be here for one year,
and then hopefully into a more permanent job, maybe out west, and clear
skies too. We'll see.

Right now I have some pretty nice skies, even though I still have to
find a dark site to set up a scope. Enjoy looking at the night sky
without scope/binocs a lot too.

What's new with you?

Esmail

Old August 26th 07, 09:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gareth Slee

Esmail wrote:

Hi

These days more running than cycling, just ran my first ever marathon
in May. That was quite a challenge, but I'm glad i did it, and hope
to again.

And yup, I just moved again, now in up-up-up-upstate NY. Not so much
by choice, but that's where the job is. I'll be here for one year,
and then hopefully into a more permanent job, maybe out west, and clear
skies too. We'll see.

Right now I have some pretty nice skies, even though I still have to
find a dark site to set up a scope. Enjoy looking at the night sky
without scope/binocs a lot too.

What's new with you?

Esmail

Well my interest in Astronomy has waned a little but I have a feeling
that may be to change soon.
Everything with the family is fine, the wife and daughter are doing
great. Hannah's nearly 13 now and she's got opinions on all sorts of
things :-)

I'm still a Steelworker and things aren't too shabby in the sector at
the moment.
I received some bad news early this year. I was diagnosed with Eplilepsy
which means I've lost my driving licence and can't work night shifts.
I'm taking Tegretol which seem to be working but it has a few side
effects I could do without.

Anyway, all in all life's pretty good and as mentioned in another thread
I love the idea of a meetup for the Solar Eclipse in 2017. I saw the one
in Turkey last year and it was *spectacular*!!!

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://www.garethslee.com
Old August 26th 07, 09:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SkySea

Nice to hear from you, Gareth, and that you sound well.

Alas, I can offer no information on Anthony. Let's hope if he's
battling a blaze, he's successful.
- Dale Gombert (SkySea at aol.com)
122.38W, 47.58N, W. Seattle, WA