Iranian hypervelocity facility???

Old February 2nd 08, 06:36 PM posted to alt.war.nuclear, sci.space.policy
Allen Thomson

Default Iranian hypervelocity facility???

I was checking out the Google Earth imagery of Parchin, Iran and its
vicinity(*) and came upon a facility at 35.498 N, 51.742 E that has me
stumped. As the subject line indicates, the only thing that comes to
mind is some kind of hypervelocity R&D range, but that's the wagiest
of WAGs. Any ideas?

(*) Lots of interesting things there, many of them revetted.
Old February 4th 08, 10:32 PM posted to alt.war.nuclear,sci.space.policy
Jim E[_2_]

"Allen Thomson" wrote in message

I was checking out the Google Earth imagery of Parchin, Iran and its
vicinity(*) and came upon a facility at 35.498 N, 51.742 E that has me
stumped. As the subject line indicates, the only thing that comes to
mind is some kind of hypervelocity R&D range, but that's the wagiest
of WAGs. Any ideas?

(*) Lots of interesting things there, many of them revetted.

Off topic question.
I used your coordinates to find the location, but the Google pointer
only fives deg' minute's sec' lat and long numbers, where did you get the
fractional numbers?

Jim E

Old February 5th 08, 01:24 AM posted to alt.war.nuclear, sci.space.policy
Allen Thomson

On Feb 4, 4:32 pm, "Jim E" wrote:

I used your coordinates to find the location, but the Google pointer
only fives deg' minute's sec' lat and long numbers, where did you get the
fractional numbers?

I have my GE set up to display decimal degrees, and that's what it
said. However, it seems to be comfortable with decimal degrees,
degrees/minutes/seconds and other formats entered into the search
window. Also place names, like "Parchin, Iran".