ASTRO: revised Crab morph animation

Old January 13th 04, 05:57 PM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: revised Crab morph animation

At the suggestion of a couple of associates, I did a redo of the Crab Morph
and added some details about it on my website.

This animation is a morphing of an image of the Crab Nebula taken by me
through narrowband emission line filters ([SII], Ha and [OIII]) with a
composite image from the Chandra website created by combining Radio, Optical
and XRAY data. Credits for the composite image a
(Credits: X-ray: NASA/CXC/ASU/J. Hester et al.; Optical: NASA/HST/ASU/J.
Hester et al.; Radio: VLA/NRAO)

In the case of the emission line images, Red= [SII], Ha= Green and [OIII]=
Blue. For the Composite image, Red= Radio, Green= Optical, Blue= XRAY.

The animation with several relevant hyperlinks can be found he

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/crab_morph_page.htm

It is interesting to me to watch how the optical regions transform into
radio and xray emitting regions as the animation progresses. From the
perspective of visualization of the physical processes at work in The Crab,
I suspect this sort of composite and morphing is very useful.

Richard Crisp

Old January 13th 04, 09:53 PM
Harry Leopold

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:57:24 -0600, Richard Crisp wrote
(in message ) :

[...]

I think it is much better than your first try, which I still like. Damned
hypnotic to watch, but it certainly helps a person see what is powering, and
feeding, what.

--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"You think atoms like having a half-life?"
Incenjucar

Old January 14th 04, 03:39 AM
Alan Chen

Hi Richard,