Getting Grandson Started: Need Site With Moon's Direction, etc.

Old October 28th 14, 04:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bob[_11_]

Default Getting Grandson Started: Need Site With Moon's Direction, etc.

Hello,

Used to have Astronomy as a hobby, but have to admit that over the years
I pretty much passed it up. We live in Sharon, Mass.

Now that I have a Grandson, would just love to get him started with
what is really a great hobby.

I am looking for a site that will show a Starchart with the Moon's
phases as a f(date), and also what direction and altitude to look to see it.

The Start Chart from Sky and Telescope is unfortunately off the air, as
they say they have to re-write the code.

I can find many sites showing the phases, dates, etc., but cannot find
one that Also gives the look-direction and height above the horiz.

Can anyone point me to a link having all of this, and that is also
pretty colorful and very clear for a beginner ?

Much thanks,
Bob

---

Old October 28th 14, 06:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Barry Schwarz[_2_]

If you google moon+altitude+azimuth, the first hit is the USNO page
which will calculate what you want for any place and date. Several of
the other hits also look promising.

--
Remove del for email
Old October 28th 14, 08:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bob[_11_]

Hi,

Just a quick thanks for suggestions.
Appreciate it.

Bob

On 10/28/2014 12:46 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

protection is active.

---

Old October 28th 14, 11:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:46:35 AM UTC-7, Bob wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob I;m a great granfathe.Know Sharan and its lake well. Lived in Newton Ma. I got interested in science by a gyro.A telescope is good for Saturn and the Moon. Wait and see what he likes. TreBert