month alignment with stars

Old February 18th 14, 11:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default month alignment with stars

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:00:35 AM UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 17/02/2014 23:09, wrote:

On Monday, February 17, 2014 3:23:53 PM UTC+8, Terie Pel wrote:

Does earth has unique alignment with the stars every month for the past thousands (or millions?) of years? Or could there be a period when the alignment changes?

I was asking this because I'd like to know how the ancient astrologers plot the sky. For example. In the month of May which is the sign of Taurus in astrology. Did the sky orientation similar 5000 years ago compared to know? How many years is there changes such that Taurus month of May shift to July or something?

The Earth's orbital elements change enough to shift things around. eg.

The first point or Aires is in Pisces now.

I get to bury these frauds in public as long as they come here and try to use their usual bluff and voodoo when the true principles obliterate their celestial sphere cult and the notions behind it.

The questioner can use his intelligence to discern the annual apparent motion of the stars behind the central Sun -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

They can then appreciate that a system of 365 rotations would cause Sirius to appear a day later after every fourth year with the difference accumulating by a day every 4th year. It is then they encounter the spectacular achievement of our ancestors who ,although unaware of the dynamics behind it, fixed the Earth's orbital position in space and the number of rotations to complete one orbital circuit -

"..on account of the precession of the rising of Sirius by one day in the course of 4 years... it shall be, that the year of 360 days and the 5 days added to their end, so one day shall be from this day after every 4 years added to the 5 epagomenae before the New Year, whereby all men shall learn, that what was a little defective in the order as regards the seasons and the year, as also the opinions which are contained in the rules of the learned on the heavenly orbits, are now corrected and improved .." Canopus Decree

The meaningless bluffers like Brown can't even manage to handle the reason for the one day delay every fourth 365 day cycle as they firmly believe there are 1465 rotations in the same 1461/4 year period by comical assertions where the Sun goes 'backwards' against the background stars -

" The Earth spins on its axis about 366 and 1/4 times each year, but there are only 365 and 1/4 days per year. This is because we define a day not based on the Earth's period of rotation, but based on the average time from noon one day to noon the next. Gradually over the course of a year the Sun appears to go 'backwards' (West to East) around the Earth compared to the far away stars (this is because we are really going around the Sun). Subtracting this 1 time backwards from the 366 and 1/4 times forward, we get the typical 365 and 1/4 days per year." NASA

You had these vandals unable to appreciate the annual apparent motion of the stars as they periodically are lost behind the glare of the central Sun and in line with the observations of the great astronomers however that empirical cult is now finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MdFrE7hWj0A

Just want to know the astronomical nature of it and don't believe in zodiacs at all.

This will give you a rough idea of what New Agers (and ancients)

believe. I make no claims to have bothered to check its accuracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

Astrology is pure superstitious hocus pocus with zero foundation.

--

Regards,

Martin Brown

The hocus pocus is all yours Brown and that stupid cult you come from ,one which can't handle the delay in the appearance of Sirius by one day/rotation of the Earth. You are getting buried alive in your own voodoo but that is your choice and something future generations will not have to suffer.
Old February 20th 14, 12:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:00:35 PM UTC+8, Martin Brown wrote:
On 17/02/2014 23:09, wrote:

[...]

The answer is not clear. Hope someone can make it clear. For example 5000 years ago and now. does the sky have the same orientation for every month of February? Yes or no?
Old February 20th 14, 05:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On 17/02/2014 23:09, wrote:

[...]

Your question is vague and almost meaningless. The answer is yes if you mean does the orientation of the Earth remain the same as it did 5000 ago ?, the great neolithic monument alignments are a testimony to that -

http://www.newgrange.com/winter_solstice.htm

The stars are always in the same position ,at least over a 5000 year period so the 'sky' remains the same as does the relationship between daily and orbital components however the slight drift called 'precession' is due to a natural imbalance between constant rotation and the time it takes to cover an orbital circuit. This imbalance which surfaces in a slight drift of the stars even after the leap day/rotation correction corrects the main drift is applied was corrected a number of centuries ago to a high degree of approximation after the stars had drifted by 10 days after a few thousand years since the inception of the 1461 days/rotations for 4 years/annual circuits.

You start off with the motions of the Earth and the 'sky' takes care of itself before you frame your question properly.

Old February 20th 14, 06:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Barry Schwarz[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

What was unclear about Martin's answer. In case you missed it, things
change so the answer must be "NO".

--
Remove del for email
Old February 20th 14, 06:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Must indeed !, it is almost freakish that you can't even handle the daily drift of the stars in the proper way by connecting it to the daily motion of the Earth rather than the annual orbital motion -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

You simply cannot learn the basic astronomical lesson that you can't extract the motions of the Earth out of stellar circumpolar motion -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYqh72i2mhg

You don't behave or reason like men but like mesmerized people inside a shell universe that exists only in your heads.

--

Remove del for email

Old February 20th 14, 09:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown

wrote:

[...]

How large letters do you need "NO" written in?

N N OOOOO
NN N O O
N N N O O
N N N O O
N N N O O
N N N O O
N N N O O
N NN O O
N N OOOOO

But don't take my word for it. Download Stellarium and watch midnight at
1 Feb from 0 AD to 10000AD or beyond.

http://stellarium.org/

Taking midnight on Feb 1 at each epoch of date

-5000 - Spica high in the southerN sky, Antares in the SE
-2500 - Spica in the SE, Antares rising on the E horizon
0000 - Spica now ESE, Regulus high in the South
2000 - Spica rising on the ESE horizon, Orion in the SW
5000 - Sirius low in the S, Orion SSW
10000 - Aldebaran in the SE

For example 5000 years ago and now. does the sky have the same orientation for every month of February? Yes or no?

If you choose a specific time in February (classic Epoch choices for
drawing traditional sky charts is to the nearest half century 1950.0,
2000.0). These days with computers you can plot the sky as it would
truly appear at any given date complete with planets and comets.

50 years is long enough for the accumulated drift to be annoying so
traditional paper star charts are redrawn very half century.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old February 20th 14, 10:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Don't be a creep Brown,you can't handle the stellar drift across 4 annual circuits of the Earth which makes you an astronomical dunce so don't bother giving lessons until you reach that level of understanding which any high school student can.

"..on account of the precession of the rising of Sirius by one day in the course of 4 years... it shall be, that the year of 360 days and the 5 days added to their end, so one day shall be from this day after every 4 years added to the 5 epagomenae before the New Year, whereby all men shall learn, that what was a little defective in the order as regards the seasons and the year, as also the opinions which are contained in the rules of the learned on the heavenly orbits, are now corrected and improved .." Canopus Decree 236 BC

In dynamical terms it means that after 4 annual circuits of the Earth using the number of daily rotations as a gauge,the Earth will not return to the same orbital position where Sirius can be seen far enough to one side of the Sun to be out of its glare hence the time taken for the Earth to rotate once is needed to move the Earth along far enough to where it returns to that fixed reference and orbital position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

You creeps won't recognize the annual drift nor the 365 1/4 rotations to one circuit proportion arising from the parent 4 annual cycle view because you work of a cretinous celestial sphere framework which completely ignores the relationship between the apparent annual motion of the stars behind the central Sun as a reference for a homocentric view -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...al_Time_en.PNG

A genuine astronomer takes into account the convenience of RA/Dec without trying to impose planetary dynamics on a rotating celestial sphere and the software like Stellarium that uses that timekeeping averages convenience but instead you continue to make fools of yourselves on account of following people who made mistakes centuries ago.

You know what Brown, I might even tell you how good it feels to be comfortable with 21st century imaging and it should be the same way for all observers apart from your cult which shows itself to be dour and dull.

Have you got that straight how the stars drift annually behind the Sun as a means to appreciate the orbital motion of the Earth ? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

Alignment LSMFT Misc 3 April 11th 11 10:11 PM
In the news: Rocket, mortar fire at 21 month low (850 US soldiers died this month, top) gb6726 Astronomy Misc 0 November 12th 07 04:38 PM
NASA - An Alignment of Stars and Planets [email protected] UK Astronomy 0 May 30th 06 09:56 PM
The Stars In Alignment Mark R. Whittington Policy 0 July 25th 05 12:11 PM
COMPARITIVE DAYLIGHT MONTH/YEAR TO OTHER MONTH/YEAR Slats700 Amateur Astronomy 1 October 4th 03 03:07 AM