Great missions STS-122 & Expedition 16

Old March 7th 08, 12:59 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

Default Great missions STS-122 & Expedition 16

On Mar 6, 4:49*pm, BradGuth wrote:
Bet you can't tell that one with a straight butt-crack to those losing
their jobs, homes and even having to give up whatever family status,
all because of your spendy as hell methods of science that hasn't
shown a scrap of human or environmental worth, especially of whatever
could just as easily been robotic if not terrestrial accomplished at
less than 1% the cost and within a tenth the time.

I suppose you even think our FEMA is worth keeping, and that your GW
Bush can do no wrong.
. - Brad Guth

come on brad, personal attacks thats just lame, nothing i said in this
thread gives you the right to make such a statement, so i will take
your meltdown as an admission that i did break down each of your
illogical arguments to where you have nothing left to stand on...
Old March 7th 08, 02:38 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Mar 6, 4:59 pm, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:49 pm, BradGuth wrote:

Bet you can't tell that one with a straight butt-crack to those losing
their jobs, homes and even having to give up whatever family status,
all because of your spendy as hell methods of science that hasn't
shown a scrap of human or environmental worth, especially of whatever
could just as easily been robotic if not terrestrial accomplished at
less than 1% the cost and within a tenth the time.

I suppose you even think our FEMA is worth keeping, and that your GW
Bush can do no wrong.
. - Brad Guth

come on brad, personal attacks thats just lame, nothing i said in this
thread gives you the right to make such a statement, so i will take
your meltdown as an admission that i did break down each of your
illogical arguments to where you have nothing left to stand on...

Just like this time, I'm not making the effort to deal with your
spendy science that hasn't paid off, other than in eye-candy.

At a million hard earned dollars per frame, what's to show for it all?

Other than tracking our obvious global warming, got any other results
yet?

What's lame is your pathetic excuses and lack of remorse on behalf of
so many others going broke?
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 7th 08, 05:03 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

On Mar 6, 6:38*pm, BradGuth wrote:" Just like
this time, I'm not making the effort to deal with your spendy science
that hasn't paid off, other than in eye-candy. At a million hard
earned dollars per frame, what's to show for it all? Other than
tracking our obvious global warming, got any other results
yet? What's lame is your pathetic excuses and lack of remorse on
behalf of so many others going broke?"

you make efforts to assign malicious motivations to my actions, with
no logical rational explanation for your descriptions. Now you have
continuously argued for increased access to information, but then you
hypocritically criticize my actions of increasing access to
information as spreading eye candy, sorry you cant have it both ways
brad. I have been sharing information from the data gathered by
experiments in our manned space program, meaning that my posts are
attempting to get more use from the tax dollars already spent. Now
such an action is not contrary to caring or even advancing arguments
for social services as you have illogical argued, and therefore your
character analysis of my actions and descriptions of my motivations
fails.
Old March 7th 08, 02:41 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Mar 6, 9:03 pm, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote:
[...]

Are you saying that robotics in space couldn't have done an equal or
better job of Earth imaging, at not 0.1% the cost of ISS?
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 7th 08, 03:04 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station

wrote:
[...]

. - Brad Guth- Hide quoted text -

laughing, i find it funny that you have twisted my posts into the
above statement, as i have pointed out your hypocrisy directly to your
face and you could not address what i posted, you could only shift and
run away to attack in another way. So yeah i find this funny as this
is just another time i got you in this discussion and you could not
admit it, instead you make illogical assertions which are nothing more
than you attempting to protect your fragile ego. Now one would ask
you why are you afraid of combing the observations made by iss crews,
and those made from satellites, as the use of both can produce a
synergy of scientific information when combined.

Geat image of the South Patogonian Ice Field
"The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth."
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseo...=E&frame=25117
Astronaut Photography of Earth - Quick View
ISS016-E-25117
S. PATAGONIAN ICE FIELD, LAKES
Latitude: -50.0 Center Point Longitude: -73.0
image comes from the Image Science and Analysis Laboratory, NASA-
Johnson Space Center. "The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth."
Old March 7th 08, 04:18 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

"The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth."http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/photo.pl?mission=ISS016&roll=E&...
Astronaut Photography of Earth - Quick View
ISS016-E-25117
S. PATAGONIAN ICE FIELD, LAKES
Latitude: -50.0 Center Point Longitude: -73.0
image comes from the Image Science and Analysis Laboratory, NASA-
Johnson Space Center. "The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth."

No, you just don't like others asking viable questions, especially as
to the given cost of that eye-candy, or as to the restricted access to
those raw image files. What are you afraid of?
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

On Mar 7, 8:18 am, BradGuth wrote:" No, you just
don't like others asking viable questions, especially as to the given
cost of that eye-candy, or as to the restricted access to those raw
image files. What are you afraid of?"

wow, you can tell i hit a nerve, as you have decided to reduce this
discussion down to a stonewall, no problem, but you have not jumped
from incorrectly assigning motivations, to telling me what i don't
like, based on what im not saying, mmm, since when did you become a
mind reader (don't give up your day job) Im glad you think you can
speak for me, but no thanks don't need it, i am doing fine
articulating things here, and i know you are angry because you cant
make a discussion go the way you want. You can ask all the questions
you want, and repackage them all you want, but neither action makes
them any more valid then they were the first time, resulting in more
of your frustrations. Now i have provided ample explanations in
playing your game, each of which has shot down your attacks, and it
aint my fault you skip over information you don't like, as you are
depriving yourself of curing your own ignorance (ego protection on
your part). The problem is when you start attacking others for your
ignorance then blame them because they don't agree with you, that's
just belligerent, and immature. You see brad, in a civil society it is
ok to say we agree to disagree, as you have stated your opposition to
the manned space program, but there is no need to get angry at those
who support a program you don't like, but you fail miserably when you
decide you can state why i disagree with you. But i must say you
really should not be afraid of combing the observations made by iss
crews, and those made from satellites, as the use of both can produce
a synergy of scientific information.

Another image of the South Patogonian Ice Field
"The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth."
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseo...=E&frame=10781
Astronaut Photography of Earth - Quick View
ISS016-E-10781
N. S. PATAGONIAN ICE FIELD,FJ.
Latitude: -48.0 Center Point Longitude: -73.5

Old March 7th 08, 05:47 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

According to our USAF, under MI5/CIA command, says that it's dirt
cheap to deploy those LEO spysats. So, how much would it have taken
to have launched an Earth View kind of spysat using that exact same
camera and optics, as a fully robotic and thus 24/7 continuous
puicture taking machine, possibly hosting a dozen of those spendy
Kodak 760 cameras, as looking in three directions and outfitted with
everything from a 30 mm to a 1200 mm lens?

That's three of 30 mm, three of 60 mm, three of 300 mm and three of
1200 mm, of which all inclusive would be a relatively minor spysat in
terms of deployed tonnage. That's 12 times how many pictures per
minute? But can you even do the math?
.. - Brad Guth

Old March 7th 08, 05:55 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

wrote:
just belligerent, and immature. You see brad, in a civil society it is
ok to say we agree to disagree, as you have stated your opposition to
the manned space program,

BTW, I am not opposed to manned space missions, and have never
"stated" such, although our Dr, Van Allen was published as being quite
opposed to any such manned space explorations outside of our
protective magnetosphere (including those of our moon). Say again,
what does that make you?
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 7th 08, 06:16 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Since you obviously can't do the numbers, as best I could manage I've
calculated the potential number of combined frames per minute at 1080
if given a dozen of those spendy Kodak DCS760 cameras, and somewhat
modified for continually off-loading those images of 18 MB each, is
only a required download stream of 18e6 * 1080 = 19.44e9 per minute.

Of course silly me, that's merely 1.555e6 worth of extremely high
resolution color images per day.
.. - Brad Guth