Inauguration of the Electrik CokerNut

Old April 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
Dr DNA

Default Inauguration of the Electrik CokerNut

http://www.thenewports.f9.co.uk/113_1340.jpg

The first pic I'm happy enough to show to this group.

Homemade Newtonian, mirrors off ebay, wood and screws from B+Q,
eyepiece from UK astro ads, blood and sweat from me, and a lot of
helpful answers to stupid questions from people here.

Thanks everyone !
Old April 2nd 04, 10:52 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Very nice indeed - what did you use to cature the image ? Your A40 ?

Regards,

ANdrew Cockburn

Old April 2nd 04, 11:25 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Hand held ??? Now I'm impressed !

I would have thought with your DIY and telescope-making skills you could
have come up with some precision mounting technique, perhaps involving
the afore mentioned wood, screws and blood and sweat ! Or perhaps that
is a job for tomorrow ?

Regards,

Andrew

Dr DNA wrote:
Very nice indeed - what did you use to cature the image ? Your A40 ?

Yep, one hand held A40 - suit you Sir !

Old April 2nd 04, 11:35 PM
Dr DNA

is a job for tomorrow ?

Nope, the cokernut base needs varnishing, the helical fouser needs
mounting properly (Or thrown away really, takes too long to foucs in
and out), the stand feet need rubber shoes attaching, etc etc.
Old April 3rd 04, 01:06 AM
David Sewell

Looking good to me sir ;-)
Regards