Radiation of Jupiter

Old October 25th 03, 02:24 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Radiation of Jupiter

It is the only planet that radiates more energy than it receives from
the sun. Jupiter's radiation is mostly heat,and a great magnetic field.
When this radiation is interacting it can be said to be particles,and
when propagating through space it behaves like a wave. Lets think of its
magnetic field that radiates through out the solar system. It must add
voltage to the Earth's magnetic field?? Jupiter's very fast spin has
its dynamo at its core(solid hydrogen) producing very high voltage. This
tells us solid hydrogen is a good conductor of electricity. Jupiter
strong gravity creates a highly pressurized gas thousands of miles down
where the pressure is greatest this compressed gas gives of lots of
heat. Could we think of Jupiter as a planet that creates lots of
friction? Friction creates heat. Friction creates static
electricity(lightning) Friction made the Jupiter's red eye to form,and
friction made it red. This post need not end with just these thoughts.
A planet as big and interesting as Jupiter needs lots of thinking.
I'm sure if an intelligent life is looking at our sun,it will be Jupiter
that will tell the sun has a solar system,and be the main reason for
them to come to visit. Bert

Old October 26th 03, 04:37 AM
J. Scott Miller

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
It is the only planet that radiates more energy than it receives from
the sun.

Wrong again. Saturn and Neptune both radiate into space more energy than they
receive from the Sun.

Jupiter's radiation is mostly heat,and a great magnetic field.
When this radiation is interacting it can be said to be particles,and
when propagating through space it behaves like a wave. Lets think of its
magnetic field that radiates through out the solar system. It must add
voltage to the Earth's magnetic field??

No, because it is swept away from the inner solar system by the solar wind.

Jupiter's very fast spin has
its dynamo at its core(solid hydrogen) producing very high voltage.

No, the magnetic field like originates in the liquid metallic hydrogen layer
outside the core. That you have a fast spinning plasma-like fluid is the basis
of the dynamo effect.

This
tells us solid hydrogen is a good conductor of electricity. Jupiter
strong gravity creates a highly pressurized gas thousands of miles down
where the pressure is greatest this compressed gas gives of lots of
heat.

It isn't solid hydrogen at the core. More likely it is the metals and rocky
material that first formed the seed about which the planet grew (though at the
pressures and temperatures there it likely has much different properties than a
solid, metal or rock, has on Earth.

Could we think of Jupiter as a planet that creates lots of
friction? Friction creates heat. Friction creates static
electricity(lightning) Friction made the Jupiter's red eye to form,and
friction made it red. This post need not end with just these thoughts.

Phosphorus is a likely candidate for the coloration of the GRS.

A planet as big and interesting as Jupiter needs lots of thinking.
I'm sure if an intelligent life is looking at our sun,it will be Jupiter
that will tell the sun has a solar system,and be the main reason for
them to come to visit. Bert

We are finding what may turn out to be lots of stars with one or more
Jupiter-mass (and greater) planets orbiting them. What would make them worth
visiting is if small bodies with excess oxygen detected near them are found.

Old October 26th 03, 02:27 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Scott It does not surprise me that Saturn would give off more
radiation,for it is so far from the sun. It would not surprise me if
Pluto could give off more heat than the sun can give it. The sun just a
bright star at that distance. It could have a thick ice surface. It has
a big moon as proportion to its size,and Pluto could have a warm liquid
core that its moon is stirring. It is written that
Jupiter has a stable solid hydrogen core. In a lab. in Tenn. hydrogen
was made solid,and the article mentioned it was done with great
pressure. This great pressure can be found at Jupiter's core. That is my
reference. Kevin has put the ball on your side of the court. The rest of
my post I'll let stand,for it is based on good thinking. Bert PS
I can show a reference (in a book) that the magnetic field of Jupiter
adds voltage to Earth's magnetic field .

Old October 26th 03, 07:59 PM
Painius

"kevin" wrote in message... news:20031026122248.6c1d87fa.kev145324@sneakemail. com...

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:37:13 -0400
"J. Scott Miller" wrote:

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

It is the only planet that radiates more energy than it receives from
the sun.

Wrong again. Saturn and Neptune both radiate into space more energy than they
receive from the Sun.

References please for this...

Please type...

energy radiated from gas giants

....into a search engine and you will receive ample references.

The curious thing is that Uranus, at about 15 Earth masses
and closer to the Sun, does NOT radiate more energy into
space than it receives from the Sun, while Neptune, at about
17 Earth masses and farther from the Sun than Uranus, DOES
radiate more energy than it receives from the Sun.

Jupiter's radiation is mostly heat,and a great magnetic field.
When this radiation is interacting it can be said to be particles,and
when propagating through space it behaves like a wave. Lets think of its
magnetic field that radiates through out the solar system. It must add
voltage to the Earth's magnetic field??

No, because it is swept away from the inner solar system by the solar wind.

References please for this.....

Again, references can easily be found to support this using
a good search engine. Surely, if you are interested enough
to ask for references in this rather informal medium, you are
also curious enough to find them on your own?

Jupiter's very fast spin has
its dynamo at its core(solid hydrogen) producing very high voltage.

No, the magnetic field like originates in the liquid metallic hydrogen layer
outside the core. That you have a fast spinning plasma-like fluid is the basis of the dynamo effect.

Oh dear references for this please.....

Please see above.

This
tells us solid hydrogen is a good conductor of electricity. Jupiter
strong gravity creates a highly pressurized gas thousands of miles down
where the pressure is greatest this compressed gas gives of lots of
heat.

It isn't solid hydrogen at the core. More likely it is the metals and rocky
material that first formed the seed about which the planet grew (though at the
pressures and temperatures there it likely has much different properties than a solid, metal or rock, has on Earth.

References for this please....

Good hunting! There are many interesting ideas in the
science of astronomy, particularly Solar System studies,
on the subject of Jupiter's core makeup.

Could we think of Jupiter as a planet that creates lots of
friction? Friction creates heat. Friction creates static
electricity(lightning) Friction made the Jupiter's red eye to form,and
friction made it red. This post need not end with just these thoughts.

Phosphorus is a likely candidate for the coloration of the GRS.

Yes you got it....references for this please.....

Here you got us. Since phosphorus is considered one of the
most rare elements in the Universe, i too find it a stretch to
think that it is the cause of the redness of Jupiter's Great Red
Spot. I tend to think that the older explanation having to do
with free radicals with some sulfur mixed in is still a valid
explanation. I'm not really up on this, so Scott may have more
recent and much better data.

The references for this theory include Isaac Asimov's book
titled "Jupiter."

A planet as big and interesting as Jupiter needs lots of thinking.
I'm sure if an intelligent life is looking at our sun,it will be Jupiter
that will tell the sun has a solar system,and be the main reason for
them to come to visit. Bert

We are finding what may turn out to be lots of stars with one or more
Jupiter-mass (and greater) planets orbiting them. What would make them worth
visiting is if small bodies with excess oxygen detected near them are found.

References???....all meaningless without references..

The discoveries of planets in other star systems are part
of an awesome and ongoing study in astronomy. Suggest
you search for...

exoplanets

....as well as for information on newly developing telescope
arrays on Earth and in space that will be used to search for
Earthlike planets and for life in other star systems...

Fascinating stuff!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Life without love is
A lamp with no oil,

Paine Ellsworth

Old October 26th 03, 09:20 PM
Bill Duncan

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Scott It does not surprise me that Saturn would give off more
radiation,for it is so far from the sun. It would not surprise me if
Pluto could give off more heat than the sun can give it. The sun just a
bright star at that distance. It could have a thick ice surface. It has
a big moon as proportion to its size,and Pluto could have a warm liquid
core that its moon is stirring. It is written that
Jupiter has a stable solid hydrogen core. In a lab. in Tenn. hydrogen
was made solid,and the article mentioned it was done with great
pressure. This great pressure can be found at Jupiter's core. That is my
reference. Kevin has put the ball on your side of the court. The rest of
my post I'll let stand,for it is based on good thinking. Bert PS
I can show a reference (in a book) that the magnetic field of Jupiter
adds voltage to Earth's magnetic field

Bert;What lab in Tenn?What is the name of the book that has a

reference that the magnetic field of Jupiter adds voltage to Earth's
magnetic field?Back these things up Bert.Bill.

Old October 26th 03, 11:48 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Bill I named the state(Tennessee) The pressure needed was obtained by
compressing the Hydrogen gas in a long tube like a cannon and
compressing it with the use of an explosion. Look it up in "GOOGLE" I
did my bit. Bert